Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me the top three bolt on things I can do to modify my '99 GTI 8 valve AEG engine with automatic trans? It's rated at 135hp. How can I get an extra 40 to 50 hp out of this thing? I am only looking for rally like performance mods that don't significantly rob me of gas mileage and don't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Useless on an auto trans. They struggle enough as is

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Can anyone give me the top three bolt on things I can do to modify my '99 GTI 8 valve AEG engine with automatic trans? It's rated at 135hp. How can I get an extra 40 to 50 hp out of this thing? I am only looking for rally like performance mods that don't significantly rob me of gas mileage and don't break the bank.
you realize 40-50 hp is alot right?? especially for an NA car.... when you get that much let me know.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
let me rephrase that... the easy bolt ons are intake exhaust.... other then that your building your motor....

intake +1/2 hp
exhaust +5-10 hp depnding on cat / header etc.

tune + 15 maybe for a na car. i wouldnt get my hopes up though

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
no way you getting that much power with out boost or building the engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, everybody. I do get it. That confirms what a mechanic told me. I suppose I will look for 10-15 hp and just enjoy the little car.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
the nuespeed supercharger kit is nice. it comes with everything you need :)
the problem is that he has an auto, so it wouldnt be able to handle the extra power either way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts