Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
if he has a stage 2 S4 yer gonna need alot of work to be done. i suggest starting with an intake, chip, exhaust, pulleys,... and basically everything you can find haha. how much HP he running??
(PS: the AWD is gonna kill you off the line so get some sticky rubber)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
ok get intake, turbo back exhaust then stage 2 chip and finally intercooler. >:D you should have around 300hp and close to 400 pounds of tq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
blackgti06 said:
ok get intake, turbo back exhaust then stage 2 chip and finally intercooler. >:D you should have around 300hp and close to 400 pounds of tq
You are absolutely daffy. You'll be LUCKY to be laying down 280 torque with those mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
What are you talking about the car comes stock with 207 tq with the tbe and a stage 2 chip your tq will be about 280 + intercooler 12 and intake 5. So do the math

207stock
280 with tbe/stage 2 chip
293 tbe,stg2,intercooler
298 tbe,stg2,intercooler,intake

now that just rough estiment. http://goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

This is just with tbe and a stg2 chip you have over 300pds of tq not including an intecooler and a intake. So you can get way over 280
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses! I'll look into this stuff. Keep up the discussion, though. I want to know what you figure out :). Also, how much would this cost me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Would this be your first performace car?

If it is, you might want to take your time with upgrades, grow into it as a driver. A 300 HP GTI would be quite a beast to handle.

Especially without suspension upgrades. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
a Great intake would cost you 50-250
A chip 500-1000 (voided warranty)
Exhaust 100-300
Intercooler 1000-2000
Dyno 200??

you do the math, im really looking forward 2 buying a street legal intercooler for myself it's better for the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
blackgti06 said:
What are you talking about the car comes stock with 207 tq with the tbe and a stage 2 chip your tq will be about 280 + intercooler 12 and intake 5. So do the math

207stock
280 with tbe/stage 2 chip
293 tbe,stg2,intercooler
298 tbe,stg2,intercooler,intake

now that just rough estiment. http://goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

This is just with tbe and a stg2 chip you have over 300pds of tq not including an intecooler and a intake. So you can get way over 280
Here's a little math equation for you now. 1.15 That's the difference between crank and wheel hp/toque. And 298 which may be what APR claims on their website is still not 400 like your previous statement. Look at the past 3 months of Eurotuner. They've done 3 separate stage 2 chip/exhaust/intake combos and none of them is putting out the numbers you claim. Either Eurotuner is full of shit with their silly little dyno charts and hard facts, or you're full of shit. I myself am running Revo stage 2, Full AWE Turbo-back, Neuspeed Intake, and Neauspeed pulley, and there's no way in HELL I'm putting down 300 torque. I'm getting dyno'd on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to have my own dyno sheets to shut you down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
GTiJorgeGTi said:
a Great intake would cost you 50-250
A chip 500-1000 (voided warranty)
Exhaust 100-300
Intercooler 1000-2000
Dyno 200??

you do the math, im really looking forward 2 buying a street legal intercooler for myself it's better for the car
exhaust is gonna be WAY more then that. just for a turbo back exhaust will be over $800
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I'm telling you guys what the facts are. The guys in my VW cub who've dyno'd their MKVs with similar mods to me are only puttting down about 260-270 torque, depending on the weather. And like I said, 3 different combos on the MKV in Eurotuner have yield moderate results, nothing around the numbers people are shitting out on here. Trust me, I'd love to brag about how much my car is putting out, but that would make me a douche. And maybe you can have 300 torque at the CRANK, but who gives a shit about that. Crank numbers don't matter. I'll have the sheets next week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
GTfly said:
GTiJorgeGTi said:
a Great intake would cost you 50-250
A chip 500-1000 (voided warranty)
Exhaust 100-300
Intercooler 1000-2000
Dyno 200??

you do the math, im really looking forward 2 buying a street legal intercooler for myself it's better for the car
exhaust is gonna be WAY more then that. just for a turbo back exhaust will be over $800
I paid close to 1400 shipped for my AWE. 200 cell metal cat though. You get what you pay for with car parts . Spend 800 bucks on a TBE and see what shows up on your doorstep ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrJones said:
5 Door Fast said:
Stage 2 Audi S4????! >:D
I'd suggest slashing her tires.

That would totally make yours faster than hers.
Dude, I'm a chick ;D. If I slash his tires, it would just give him an excuse to get wider rims along with wide-body sheet metal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
silencer said:
Would this be your first performace car?

If it is, you might want to take your time with upgrades, grow into it as a driver. A 300 HP GTI would be quite a beast to handle.

Especially without suspension upgrades. ;)
Yes, it is my first performance car and you're right, I need to grow into it as a driver. It's more than enough car for me already. For now, I just want to tease him and know what I'm talking about when I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
blackgti06 said:
What are you talking about the car comes stock with 207 tq with the tbe and a stage 2 chip your tq will be about 280 + intercooler 12 and intake 5. So do the math

207stock
280 with tbe/stage 2 chip
293 tbe,stg2,intercooler
298 tbe,stg2,intercooler,intake

now that just rough estiment. http://goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html

This is just with tbe and a stg2 chip you have over 300pds of tq not including an intecooler and a intake. So you can get way over 280
Here's a little math equation for you now. 1.15 That's the difference between crank and wheel hp/toque. And 298 which may be what APR claims on their website is still not 400 like your previous statement. Look at the past 3 months of Eurotuner. They've done 3 separate stage 2 chip/exhaust/intake combos and none of them is putting out the numbers you claim. Either Eurotuner is full of shit with their silly little dyno charts and hard facts, or you're full of shit. I myself am running Revo stage 2, Full AWE Turbo-back, Neuspeed Intake, and Neauspeed pulley, and there's no way in HELL I'm putting down 300 torque. I'm getting dyno'd on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to have my own dyno sheets to shut you down.
Ouch! Layin' the smack down!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
not sure who but someone posted their dyno with their mods:

Hopefully this will lay to rest a good deal of the speculation,
bullshit and general nonsense regarding the numbers the MKV is capable of.
I am running Neuspeed P-Flow Intake, AWE 2.5 inch TBE with the 200 cell
metal cat, Neuspeed Pulley, and REVO Stage 2 ECU flash. Car runs at about
21 lbs of Boost. 70 degree day in New England on Swift Motorsport's Dyno.
240 hp @ 4400 RPM and 302 ft/lbs @ 3100 RPM. Enjoy

so yeh 300 torque is possible... i believe it
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top