My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fastguys ;D
This is my first post, so please be patient. I'm trying to learn here.
I have a serious jones for a MkV; currently driving my first VW, a '03 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T, which I have been happy with.
My question is this: How do I know if a given GTi is a German build, or Mexican (or W.Texan for that matter 8) ?
Is there reason to be concerned? I have heard of issues with some VW builds, but little experience.
Thanks for your help, and be advised, you have a great resource here, and some really nice rides!

·
Registered
857 Posts
All MKV GTI's are built in Wolfsburg Germany.

My MKV GLI however, was built in Mexico.

No need to worry about either one however, because so far it seems that both have close to perfect reliability.

Welcome to the boards, enjoy yourself here.

·
Registered
280 Posts
All VWs based off the "rabbit" platform (GTI included) are produced in Wolfsburg. Buy now, it's CURRENTLY the only factory set up to produce them!

·
Registered
842 Posts
10bv01 said:
All MKV GTI's are built in Wolfsburg Germany.

My MKV GLI however, was built in Mexico.

No need to worry about either one however, because so far it seems that both have close to perfect reliability.

Welcome to the boards, enjoy yourself here.
"close to perfect"..........?? http://www.jdpower.com/autos/Volkswagen/Jetta/2006/sedan
I am in the process of deciding myself, and have a road toad 2001 Golf GL. My mind is made up, and I would suggest that you make thereliability only part of your decision making process (otherwise get that sweet Carolla).

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
All Jettas in North America have been made in Mexico for at least the past 10 years. Even those that are "Wolfsburg Edition". Usually there's a small sticker on one of your side windows that tells where it was made, or some info in your door jamb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts