Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 GTI shuts off power to the two DC power outlets when the ignition is shut off.
Is there a way to keep them hot at all times like in my '03 Turbo S ?

Is it a Vag Com adjustment or something else?

Chuck27

·
Registered
38 Posts
In all honesty, I don't know if you can.

My '06 GTI shuts off and when I used to own my Civic it would do the same thing. (Please don't crucify me for owning a Civic... I've seen the light)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude

Im an engineer and I like to think in simple terms.

If you want a 12v outlet to always be hot, run a hard two-wire from the battery, through a new fuse in the fuse box, and on to the desired outlet. Might require a retarded double jointed elf, but not much talent or ninja schematic skill.

Fuse depends on practical application, but a 5 or 10A will handle most consumer electronics with ease.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im an engineer and I like to think in simple terms.
Well I work in the engineering field too. From my experience our "simple" is considered "complicated" by the rest of the world. But I do have to hand it to you on this one as this is the appropriate non complicated solution.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Well I work in the engineering field too. From my experience our "simple" is considered "complicated" by the rest of the world. But I do have to hand it to you on this one as this is the appropriate non complicated solution.
Hell that seems easy. Lol

USING MY PHONE BYTCHES

1 - 6 of 6 Posts