Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm new here... and glad to be part of this new VW family... The GTI one in particular... :)

I sold my Infinity Fx45 to get a small car for my girlfriend since she was complaining about gaz prices and size of the new 2005 Pathfinder she was driving... (Yeah she's spolied... hehe) So we figured out the new GTI could be anice small car for her to drive...

We got to the dealership... checked out the options... She wanted black with DSG... It had a 4 month waiting list!!!... I saw a nice white one in the parking... manual... I was like can I try this one? And bam! It hit me! this car is awsome... for the price... what you get... is a lot of driving fun... I'm 28 and had some really nice sports car before (Prelude, 350Z, even the FX45 was pretty bad ass...). I thought this car might have been to "young" for me... But man... this GTI is my first Volks and it's amazing... I love it... I say "my GTI" cause you figured that my girlfriend is still driving the Pathfinder and I kept the GTI to myself... haha! And I dont even miss my FX... this car give me so much... I work from home and she sits in the driveway, waiting for me to drive it... it itches me... I try to figure out places I "have" to go just to have the feel of the turbo and the amazing handling it gives me...

I had the chip upgraded and the intake installed... dropped the car and added nice BBS wheels... it's really nice... Friends want to try it so bad... hehe... Get yours! I say... this one is mine... mine... I guess it's the "Fast" spirit that is getting inside me... >:D

Cant wait to receive that little "Fast" in the mail either... they said I'd get one... to put on the passenger's seat... and my gf in the back... :)

Glad again to be here... Reading all your tricks and secrets on the GTI...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Is that the ground effects kit? Looks like the exhaust isn't as much in the open as mine is. Nice wheels. I've got a better idea now of what would look nice on mine, when I get my new wheels in a year or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about it man... I think it's part custom... cause I know it was a shit to install... especially the side ones... they had to paint part of the car's black sides that go up the read wheel... and it was installed before the kits come out for the GTI...

I bought the car with the kit already installed form the dealer... I dont think it's a ground effect tho... Dont they mostly make huge body kits at Gound Effect?

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is the factory kit... it has the front and rear valance and those side skirts.. looks nice, looks like you got the spring kit too..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy.... Really love this car overall...

The chip mod is the Neuspeed OptiCan and the drop are Newspeed springs with Bilstein chucks.. Even with 19" the ride is still smooth... it's a really good in-between for sporty/smooth ride...

Now I'm thinking about getting the Neuspeed exhaust...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Those rims are badass, they look like ferrari rims. Lowering the car makes all the difference in the world. Awesome car!! enjoy the forums.

·
Registered
206 Posts
One tip: if I was you I would remove the dealer sticker that is placed onto your hatch under the GTI-sign. Your GTI will look much cleaner without that stupid dealer sticker on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GTI2007 said:
One tip: if I was you I would remove the dealer sticker that is placed onto your hatch under the GTI-sign. Your GTI will look much cleaner without that stupid dealer sticker on it.
Haha... That was on my to-do list... I hate those stickers too... Why advertise for a dealer when you pay for the car?? :)

It's been cauciously removed this weekend...

thanks for the great comments on my fast... :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
GTI2007 said:
I made sure they removed that on mine when I took it in to get the protection package applied. I don't mind advertising for them in the form of a plate frame (at least until I can find a nicer one), but there's no way I'm letting them jack up my paint with one of those damn stickers.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
My dealer's cool and only put on a plate frame. It's nice cause it reminds me of where my fast come from and the happy day of picking it up. :D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I would have told them to kindly remove the sticker. I got a chance to see my GTI post-PDI, before signing papers, and I would have refused to sign any papers until the sticker came off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have one of the best looking CW GTI's in the world IMO. Love it and saw it on the "other" board. I love those wheels, I don't think there is one that looks better or more natural on the car period. Sucks they're so expensive. I wish I could ride in a Neuspeed car and a H&R sport car to feel the difference. I'm up in the air between these two and possibly Eibach's pro kits. Oh yea, you got me with that "simple" part, sure ain't cheap!

·
Registered
68 Posts
lovin' the look of your ride... might be forced to get those BBS wheels my self i was looking at Sportec mono 19's but now.....

how much did you drop your ride by and what are your tyre sizes?

cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your car looks sweeet just like it is very subtle. Thinking about the Rieger kit, saw a couple of pics on the candy white kinda like it. once again car looks great :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
NICE. KIT . I JUST ORDER MY. I SHOULD HAVE IT THIS WEEK. I WILL SHOW OFF MY KIT.

0 date=1151681662]
Hey everyone!

I'm new here... and glad to be part of this new VW family... The GTI one in particular... :)

I sold my Infinity Fx45 to get a small car for my girlfriend since she was complaining about gaz prices and size of the new 2005 Pathfinder she was driving... (Yeah she's spolied... hehe) So we figured out the new GTI could be anice small car for her to drive...

We got to the dealership... checked out the options... She wanted black with DSG... It had a 4 month waiting list!!!... I saw a nice white one in the parking... manual... I was like can I try this one? And bam! It hit me! this car is awsome... for the price... what you get... is a lot of driving fun... I'm 28 and had some really nice sports car before (Prelude, 350Z, even the FX45 was pretty bad ass...). I thought this car might have been to "young" for me... But man... this GTI is my first Volks and it's amazing... I love it... I say "my GTI" cause you figured that my girlfriend is still driving the Pathfinder and I kept the GTI to myself... haha! And I dont even miss my FX... this car give me so much... I work from home and she sits in the driveway, waiting for me to drive it... it itches me... I try to figure out places I "have" to go just to have the feel of the turbo and the amazing handling it gives me...

I had the chip upgraded and the intake installed... dropped the car and added nice BBS wheels... it's really nice... Friends want to try it so bad... hehe... Get yours! I say... this one is mine... mine... I guess it's the "Fast" spirit that is getting inside me... >:D

Cant wait to receive that little "Fast" in the mail either... they said I'd get one... to put on the passenger's seat... and my gf in the back... :)

Glad again to be here... Reading all your tricks and secrets on the GTI...

[/quote]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts