1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i love everything uve done w/ the car xcept the bra....

i jus dont like them

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lumns said:
i love everything uve done w/ the car xcept the bra....

i jus dont like them
I only put it on when I'm driving long distance. It's actually bad for your car if it rains and you continue to leave it on there.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
oh alright....never knew that.

i understand the point of them, i definitely had a couple of rocks fly up and wished that i had one. But looks wise :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Other than the clear, stick-on 3M protection, does anybody have any other bra-like protection that doesn't look quite like the front of the car was eaten by a vinyl monster?
I really want something protecting the front from scratches, but never quite liked the VW bra.

Thanks for posting the pictures, SpeeDemon!
How easy is it to take on/off?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scothand said:
Other than the clear, stick-on 3M protection, does anybody have any other bra-like protection that doesn't look quite like the front of the car was eaten by a vinyl monster?
I really want something protecting the front from scratches, but never quite liked the VW bra.

Thanks for posting the pictures, SpeeDemon!
How easy is it to take on/off?
On and off in under 2 minutes.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Great shots. Where can I get one, and how much? I will only use it on long trips, but I am tired of dodging rocks from trucks, and scrubbing crusted on bugs off the front end every weekend.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gunny said:
Great shots. Where can I get one, and how much? I will only use it on long trips, but I am tired of dodging rocks from trucks, and scrubbing crusted on bugs off the front end every weekend.
Yeah, my old ride suffered two cracks (to the tune of $80 to repair) from rocks. There's no way on earth that crap is going to happen to my GTI if I can help it. Any time I'm going to be on trips or highways with 65 speed limit, I throw it on. It's the OEM bra so it will cost some green. $180 is what I think I paid.....been a while cuz I bought it shortly after purchasing the car.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Being that its clear, it doent really show up in pics very well....kind of the point really though.

A couple guys have tried pics but it just looks stock. very cool! O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
Does anybody have pics how the 3M clear Bra looks?
The clear bra goes up to about the front axel.

When I went to get the car chipped, the owner of the shop was taking down my milage and said to me "You should put a clear bra on that before you waste any more money on the car". I said- it's already on there. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's a great looking ride Dragon! ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm dying with all the highway driving here in AZ. My dealer didn't know a goddamn thing about the clearbra option. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact this car is going to have it's road scars, it's meant to be driven. I do my best, but all the cocksucking 18-wheelers and ******** who refuse to get mudflaps on their skyjacked POS's have put chips in places a clear bra wouldn't have covered anyway.

When the paint gets bad enough in a couple years, I think I'll have it redone in a matte silver. Who knows?

·
Banned
890 Posts
The clear bra is great. The guys at Clair VW in ME are great. Real enthusiast. They told me they can install and most likely any aftermarket shop should be able to. If your brave, try it yourself! Mini uses them a lot, so if you have a Mini dealership around...

·
Registered
42 Posts
so how easy does the clear bra come off? I mean I know it must be semi perm, but after a while does it start to peel and look like crap?

From your pics it looks really good, you can't even tell. Worth the $$$$?

What about future washing and waxing?

Nice ride by the way, what kind of wheels or those?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the 3M clear bra installed on my fast over a year ago and am really happy with it - no peeling or anything like that. The only thing is when you wax your car, make sure you don't get any on the edge of the bra because it is a bitch to get off and make the bra a bit more visible. I'm pretty sure it came with a 5-year guarantee so I'd say it's a good deal.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I really like the look of the black bra...it looks gnarly!!! Not a big fan of clear bras...you can't see them at a distance, but IMO when you're up close it really looks unclean...No offense...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haha none taken. The main comment I get is "S#*t dude, you got a huge scratch on your hood". From most angles you can't even see it, but yeah when you can it looks kinda weird but I like it because it's a subtle look to protect my fast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the classic look of black bra and I'm not sure if I trust the 3m. I like the idea of a not being able to see it but still, something to think about.

Is that bra a c cup?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts