Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
For the record, 1hp = 33,000 pound feet/minute. The ability to move 33 lbs 1000 ft (330 lbs 100ft, 3300 lbs 10 ft, etc...) in one minute.

·
Registered
34 Posts
juice said:

what is the hp "to the whee" from the factory?
Someone put a MKV jetta on a dyno and acually pulled around 200hp but the badass number was the tourqe. It was acually 225lbs/ft, STOCK!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am looking to dyno my fast again this coming weekend cause i just heard the place I went to here in Miami has not had their dyno calibrated in over 6 months which may be the reason i hit 187 hp. Will post up the new numbers as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
mog3618 said:
I am looking to dyno my fast again this coming weekend cause i just heard the place I went to here in Miami has not had their dyno calibrated in over 6 months which may be the reason i hit 187 hp. Will post up the new numbers as soon as I get them.
The 2.0t FSI motor in the mkv is rated at 200hp at the flywheel. 187hp at the wheels sounds about right.

·
Registered
261 Posts
DrJones said:
mog3618 said:
The 2.0t FSI motor in the mkv is rated at 200hp at the flywheel. 187hp at the wheels sounds about right.
I have heard (rumors) that 2 Mk V`s hit 205 and 207 hp at the wheels with a drop in K&N filter. Do you think that is realistic? I just purchased one and I am hopint to put it in before the dyno run.

·
Registered
261 Posts
zulu said:
Where did you find your K&N filter at?
I found the filter on neuspeed.com but then with the part number I went to a local performance shop and had them special order it by the part number. On neuspeed.com it was like $ 48.00 USD after shipping for 7 to 10 days. I paid $ 50.00 USD locally and got it in 2 days.

·
Registered
690 Posts
mog3618 said:
I have heard (rumors) that 2 Mk V`s hit 205 and 207 hp at the wheels with a drop in K&N filter. Do you think that is realistic? I just purchased one and I am hopint to put it in before the dyno run.
I think that the K&N could add 5 to 7 hp, and I'm sure you'll see it at the wheels. But I don't think it'll bring you up to 200+ hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
261 Posts
DrJones said:
mog3618 said:
I think that the K&N could add 5 to 7 hp, and I'm sure you'll see it at the wheels. But I don't think it'll bring you up to 200+ hp at the wheels.
Hopefully 7hp, it sounds better than 5hp..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the K&N and installed it a couple of days ago and there is a noticable difference in how the car accelerates. I don't think that the hp increase was 7hp, but the car feels to me like it pulls a little more evenly throughout the rev range than a gain in hp. It has gotten me really excited and wanting to do more to enhance the performance of the car. Too bad keeping my warranty valid is a priority of mine. Dealer said that a drop-in K&N was fine and that was all the convincing I needed. Good thing that it doesn't need to be cleaned very often. It was hard trying to get the engine cover off/on without feeling like I was going to break it.

Blackgti06 you should be getting more than 5 hp from your intake. It should be closer to 10-13 hp.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What are some of the better CA Intake kits on the market? Obviously Neuspeed of course. Has anyone tried products from other companies? If so, how was the performance gain?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i really dont know how much the neuspeed intake added but i could feel a diffrence. Im getting my fmic on soon and then i'll get the car dyno to see what im pushing prob 200 whp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.