Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to work, I heard a horrible sound when i turned the steering wheel all the way to the right pully out of my drive way. It sound like a frog. It's a brand new 2011 mk6 just bought it a few months ago. The breaks work better when rains for some reason it requires less effort to stop the car. I took it to dealer to get that looked up and they hooked a diagnostic tool and said it returned no faulty codes :( I didnt think it was right because, it's not everything that throws off a code. But, right now I'm more concerned about that noise than anything else. It was a rainny day here if it helps.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Probably moisture on the belts

Made it squeek

Tapatalk This

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's moisture! But we'll find out this afternoon when i head out or lunch. It would suck though if thats the cause of it. Cus then I have to deal with this noise everytime it rains.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Was the wheel at full lock to that side? When you go to the dealer try to replicate the sound if it doesn't throw codes. I wouldn't worry too much, you're under warranty.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
you should also not crank the steering wheel all the way

you puts to much stress on the pump

stop a few cm b4 it hits the stop

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the gti has electronic steering and not hydraulic? I don't usually steer all the way but after i heard that sound after like one and a half rotations, I completed the full rotation to further assess the situation. I just got back from lunch and I didnt hear it, which means there is hole somewhere that shouldn't be. Because if moisture is the cause of it, then I have to figure out how it got to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are probably right. I'm going to quit worrying about it now lol

Thanks every for your input. I was freaking out lol I know it's under warranty but still ya kno..

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
your brakes work better in the rain because the water corrodes the rotor slightly and is more of a friction surface to dig into the pads, hence why when your car sits in the rain over a night or two the first time you hit the brakes it damn near throws you into the steering wheel. Also in high humidity the water in the air will pull heat from the rotors. I try to avoid turning any car's steering to full-lock unless it is all mechanical, even then..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts