My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i want to know what the hood and roof scoops are for?

Hofele Turbo hood scoop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

41.5 cm long, 34.5 cm wide, 3.5 cm high, ABS plastic

Kamei roof scoops

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
They're for looking really stupid. Don't do it.. unless its to your Altima O0

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hood scoops can keep your engine bay a little bit cooler...is it worth the money...probably not unless you've got a top mounted intercooler...ie a WRX or a Mazdaspeed 3. Our cars don't...but like I said, if nothing else, it'll keep your engine bay cooler, which can help with part life in the long run, and also help lower intake temps. is it worth the money??? that's up to you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
banditscout said:
Hood scoops can keep your engine bay a little bit cooler...is it worth the money...probably not unless you've got a top mounted intercooler...ie a WRX or a Mazdaspeed 3. Our cars don't...but like I said, if nothing else, it'll keep your engine bay cooler, which can help with part life in the long run, and also help lower intake temps. is it worth the money??? that's up to you.
its like 50 bucks or something. but i have to make a hole on the hood which the dealer will not like :(

but im gona get a wing from tmtuning. its not big!!
$225

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
B13 said:
banditscout said:
its like 50 bucks or something. but i have to make a hole on the hood which the dealer will not like :(

but im gona get a wing from tmtuning. its not big!!
$225
If you make a hole in the hood, you could potentialy void the warranty on it.

(The hood that is.)

Wings are for creating downforce and are very useful on RWD/AWD vehicle at 3 digit speeds. Put a cinderblock in the back for the same effect as that wing.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I'd suggest anyone else considering a wing for their GTI, this gauge is a MUST for the instrument pod:

:D [fish]

·
Registered
181 Posts
So did your mom talk you into the 4 door or did they buy you the 2 door that your dad likes? Just wondering how bad this is going to be when you get that wing. On a 2 door it will be ugly. On a 4 door it will be, well...uglier.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
outside my parents opinions im gona get the 4 doro one anyway! at least the back windows look better than the 2 door and they roll down [fish]

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
listen kid, i'm saying this not to offend you, but to try to reason with you. Don't put that wing on your car... you're going to regret it when you get older and realize you were young and dumb.

Honestly that looks dumb. It belongs on some kids hatchback civic. Only if you wanna be a ricer then you can do that, and if you're a ricer, I don't know that you belong on this site with a bunch of VW and car enthusiasts.

I'm all for do what you want with your GTI. But no spoiler please, it'll do just that... spoil your car.

As for the hood scoop, that too is almost pointless... unless you're going to cut a hole in your hood. And even then, it's really on the edge.
I personally hate it, but it's tolerable I suppose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like the look of the back windows on my 2 door. It would be nice if they rolled down or popped out, but the fact that they don't makes for an even cleaner look with tight fitting reveals around the glass. Another showcase of the GTI's engineering & design. I hope you get your GTI soon. But I hope the wing is "out of stock indefinitely" when you place your order.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I like the look of the back windows on my 2 door. It would be nice if they rolled down or popped out, but the fact that they don't makes for an even cleaner look with tight fitting reveals around the glass. Another showcase of the GTI's engineering & design. I hope you get your GTI soon. But I hope the wing is "out of stock indefinitely" when you place your order.
O0

B13: Pls watch this and get back to us ;D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.