1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uncle dude said:
Dragon said:
BlueFrogPosse said:
I grew up in Michigan and now I live in California so I say shut it all down and start from scratch. What a crock! And if you're gonna limit who can play, I'd be all for a "Northern Tier States Only" rule. No more Dallas, or Anaheim, or...Does Florida even have any teams?
My next door neighbor is from Detroit and is a big Red Wings fan :-\

FL has the Panthers.
The Luongo / Bertuzzi trade may go down as the best trade ever. I watched Luongo play all year, and he is stud - too bad we have no offence. The off season should be entertaining with free agency, maybe we should start a hockey thread.
Goalies will always be underrated except by those really good coaches/captains in the mix. I'll admit that you do need a well-coordinated offense, and focused defense, but how many games (or what percent) in history really might as well have been played goalie vs goalie!? Nothing but respect for those guys. I have a hard enough time watching a puck without a mask.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Having been a long suffering Vancouver fan, I can tell you that I didn't know the difference a good or great goalie could make - fun to watch. However, the team seemed to rely on that aspect too much and tried to win 1-0 every game. And once the playoffs hit, it was obvious that the offence was too weak. Goalie vs Goalie is a problem I agree, but as long as the game is exciting and there are scoring chances I am happy. I hope they don't make the net bigger or anything stupid like that.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree; the net doesn't need to be any bigger. I guess I misspoke about the goalies. Basically, what I meant to say is that I like to watch hockey, but I LOVE to see a great goalie in action. NHL players, of course, have mad skills but these don't do any good (for the players or the fans) against an open net (or a lazy goalie).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cujo, when he was on top of his game in the late '90s was incredible to watch. I remember an Oilers/Red Wings game, I think around '97, that ended 0-0, the Wings had like 60 shots on net and they had a fucking all-star team. He stopped pucks with just about every part of his body/piece of equipment. He was said to have shed 15lbs of weight that game. Later that season, he stole a playoff series from Dallas which included a similar game that he brought to double overtime, for the Oilers to win it, by not letting a single goal in off 60+ shots.

·
Registered
842 Posts
There have been a bunch of new jerseys introduced recently, the Canucks did theirs today. It is better than the last one, but still kind of sucks.

Here is what they unveiled today:

Here is what they should have adopted:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Camp opens in two weeks and we have a new logo too ! I'm still undecided what I think. I shall wait til I see a sweater and then I will make up my mind. ;D

·
Registered
530 Posts
dvlsplygrnd said:
Camp opens in two weeks and we have a new logo too ! I'm still undecided what I think. I shall wait til I see a sweater and then I will make up my mind. ;D

To me it looks like it's missing his tail. :(

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
uncle dude said:
There have been a bunch of new jerseys introduced recently, the Canucks did theirs today. It is better than the last one, but still kind of sucks.

Here is what they unveiled today:

Here is what they should have adopted:

The one they picked is alright, I think, the one on the bottom left is terrible, looks like a monor league teams (I'm thinking Scranton Wilkes-Barre Penguins when I see that one), the bottom right one is BY FAR the best looking one.

I just hope the Oilers don't fuck up their jerseys too much. Or make them too bland that they look like nothing more than their regular practice jerseys (all blue with an Oilers logo).

That new Sharks logo looks wicked. I've always liked the Sharks uniforms, logo, and colors ever since they entered the league.

·
Registered
809 Posts
NVGTI said:
dvlsplygrnd said:

To me it looks like it's missing his tail. :(
He doesnt have a tail in the original either !!

They do have one of the alternate (most likely for shirts and shit) logo, well actually like 3 or 4 other ones, and one actually has the shark tail on it, I dont like that one.

Take a looksy yourself !!

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=335227&page=NewsPage&service=page

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really hope it is Ottawa's year. They were so good till they blew it in the finals, and I think this is their best chance, with teams like Anaheim and Buffalo not doing well. Detroit looks pretty strong though, too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Magic_Man said:
I really hope it is Ottawa's year. They were so good till they blew it in the finals, and I think this is their best chance, with teams like Anaheim and Buffalo not doing well. Detroit looks pretty strong though, too.
Ya, I was thinking it was Detroit's year - again. I do hope Ottawa does well though, unfortunately for me I am in Vancouver and can only hope for a playoff spot! [fish]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
did Vancouver win tonight? i watched the second period. LETS GO RANGERS!!!! Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "your team has bought the entire 1995 all-star team, and that's the only reason they're good." Well guess what...you're RIGHT!!!! HAHAHAHHA I'm rich [email protected]#$

1 - 20 of 23 Posts