Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it, when u get a new car, u park as far away as possible, u baby the hell out of it and drive with caution( up to 600 miles anyway) and then some A&^$ Hole backs into u and destroys ur car. To make matters worse, they take off and leave u with your 1000 deductible on insurance... I ve had the car for 9 days and already its banged up..

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It's stupid fucking teenage girls who can't drive, driving oversized SUVs. I tell you, that's who it is 90% of the time. And the scary thing is they know that they hit something, they just think nothing of it and go on in their merry way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thalo said:
It's stupid fwording teenage girls who can't drive, driving oversized SUVs. I tell you, that's who it is 90% of the time. And the scary thing is they know that they hit something, they just think nothing of it and go on in their merry way.
It's not just teenage girls, I've almost been hit twice by mini-van moms driving around in Hummers. They really don't know what they are doing, why do their husbands let them drive those things?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Its ppl who can eat,talk,drink and etc while driving. They will be talking on the phone and pull out of a space and hit a car and they wont even notice because they are too busy talking on the phone

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i am pretty pissed off bout it. i will post some pics tonight. going to get some quotes tonight. I do have a witness but no lic plate number yet. Still looking for the person.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I guess there were no cams in the parking lot? I don't think I could sleep until I found the coward.... good luck

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
one of my friends who drive cobra mustang supercharge is getting a camera installed in his car so if someone hits him or breaks in he will have an idea of the vechile or person. Pretty smart

·
Registered
232 Posts
blackgti06 said:
one of my friends who drive cobra mustang supercharge is getting a camera installed in his car so if someone hits him or breaks in he will have an idea of the vechile or person. Pretty smart
So this camera just runs all the time in all directions???

·
Registered
556 Posts
dgm said:
There could be one camera in the front, one in the back, with both of them having wide angled lenses. They could be hooked up to the alarm or a tilt/shock sensor that only works when the car is off.

I don't know if they even have anything like that, but it sounded sweet when I thought of it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
dgm said:
blackgti06 said:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I love it. Enough BS already. I was thinking the same thing when I read that post earlier today. Pretty big freakin tape for that recorder. Maybe he could hire satelite time to record his car while it parks. That is why we have insurance. Don't park in questionable spots, especially against the flow of traffic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yea i absolutely despise that crap too.. ive had mine few months now and i got a busted sideview from some poor parker and a few small dings from morons who dont watch their doors when they open them at plots :( grr to them

·
Registered
232 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
dgm said:
There could be one camera in the front, one in the back, with both of them having wide angled lenses. They could be hooked up to the alarm or a tilt/shock sensor that only works when the car is off.

I don't know if they even have anything like that, but it sounded sweet when I thought of it.
...probably not ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know about where you guys live, but in DE they are trying to raise the driving age to 18. But when my old drivers ed teacher went to the meeting where they were dicussing it, he defended young drivers. The people there, were trying to use the fact that 15 % of all fatal crashes in DE were caused by drivers under 18. But he responded with a fact of his own that said 60 % of the fatal crashes in DE were caused by drivers over 50. That shut up all those old people really fast.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
They should raise the driving age to 18, require a true road skill test (not just parallel parking and shoulder checking and that shit, but actual high performance driving), and make it illegal for anybody over 75 to drive.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The most dangerous drivers are middle aged people. Because with kids, and work, and everything else on their minds; they are always distracted. And old people should have to be tested every year after 65 I think. Some old people can drive. My friend and I raced an 80 year old man in his Corvette. We got up to about 120 mph.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that whenever you file for your social security, you have to renew your license every year, with a driving test every 2 years.

Sound good? Alright, motion granted! (If only it were that easy...)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts