Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting my stage II flash redone today in Berkeley and a b*tch with a capital C on a bicycle ran into my car. :mad:

She refused to provide any ID, when I told her that I was calling the police she decided to run.

25 y/o UCB student.

Repair estimate is jusy below $1100.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
WTF?!!!

DRAGON! my heart goes out to you.. i live vicariously through you and scans007 and now SpeeDemon... it hurts as if were my own. :(

did you get a license plate number or anything?!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
did you get a license plate number or anything?!
[fish] They don't require license plates on bicycles in CA.

All I can do is laugh about it, I'm not gonna let it ruin my day or my week for that matter.

She had no ID. I asked her for it. She offered to give me her phone #- I said how about something like your student ID or school papers with your name on. She became agitated when I told her that she was NOT free to leave until the PD gets here... When she started to take off, I tried to get her backpack as I'm on the phone w/ 911. She yanked it back. In CA, CHP answers 911 and at 9:30 am they tend to have a long wait time... then I was transferred to Berkeley PD dispatch.

This was IFO Griffin Motorwerke who just reflashed me back to Stage II Revo.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
WTF?????

I am soooooo totally pissed!! :mad:

You know her path of travel, she'll stay clear of it for a few days or so but people are creatures of habit and will almost always take the easiest route. Wait for 2 weeks and she will have forgotten all about it and will think it has blown over. Stake her out, (I know you know how to do that) and have the campus cops nail her while she is in class.

Sweet justice. >:D

Other than that.....sounds like a good excuse to get some custom work done to the paint and body.

Just sayin' ;D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
22350 said:
WTF?????

I am soooooo totally pissed!! :mad:

You know her path of travel, she'll stay clear of it for a few days or so but people are creatures of habit and will almost always take the easiest route. Wait for 2 weeks and she will have forgotten all about it and will think it has blown over. Stake her out, (I know you know how to do that) and have the campus cops nail her while she is in class.

Sweet justice. >:D

Other than that.....sounds like a good excuse to get some custom work done to the paint and body.

Just sayin' ;D
Here is the worse thing: She left a perfect right hand palm print on the b-pillars of my just washed car. Prints were visible to the naked eye. I pointed it out to the Officer, but he declined to print it. :-\

I usually like to wait three weeks.

So, if my door is getting repainted, I'm thinking of asking what it would cost to have the rear bumper painted to match. >:D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
my car was hit when i first got it while it was parked during school. completely screwed the front bumper and fender up. the shop i took it to to fix screwed the car up even more by cutting the strut tower and the fender they repaired rusted within a few days... car was never the same until i got coilovers :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTfly said:
my car was hit when i first got it while it was parked during school. completely screwed the front bumper and fender up. the shop i took it to to fix screwed the car up even more by cutting the strut tower and the fender they repaired rusted within a few days... car was never the same until i got coilovers :)
The shop I'm taking it to specializes in Porsches, and my family has been using them for years. The manager knows my brother, saw how clean the car is and asked me if I'm as picky as him. I said I'm close, but not bad...

·
Registered
842 Posts
^^ Dragon, do they simply prime and paint? Or do they fill, prime and paint. I have read elsewhere that painting the textured plastic doesn't look that good.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah- I've been talked out of painting the plastic... however I may have them paint a front end kit from oettinger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
happen to me bro but i did not see it happen but i know what truck did cuz me and my girl friend were like cool truck. but ya keep a eye out 8) you know i am looking i live in a small town and have everone i know looking and yes i will find this person and yes it will cost him way more than the 3000 it cost me ya i only had to pay 500 deduc but still he hit my shit and bitched out

·
Registered
197 Posts
in the state of CA you are allowed to retain her. if you suspect and can prove she want to run, you can take her down and hold her. not hit, but hold down on the pavment. happened to y cousin. she hit the guy and he jumped out and beat her and her friend,... she was trying to run though so she got what was coming .
in ca you are supposed to have a license.. my bro has a bike and got pulled over because someone stole his plates and he didnt have them on.
next time, BEAT THEM.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GTiJorgeGTi said:
in the state of CA you are allowed to retain her. if you suspect and can prove she want to run, you can take her down and hold her. not hit, but hold down on the pavment. happened to y cousin. she hit the guy and he jumped out and beat her and her friend,... she was trying to run though so she got what was coming .
in ca you are supposed to have a license.. my bro has a bike and got pulled over because someone stole his plates and he didnt have them on.
next time, BEAT THEM.
I'm well aware of how to detain someone (and reasonable use of force in effecting an arrest)... as a matter of fact, I'm gonna see if I can find her tommorrow. She was on a bicycle, which does not require a CDL to operate a bike, but she must follow all traffic laws.

The problem is, the city where this occured, if I detained her, I'd be afraid of being taken out at gun point by the PD. I really don't like having guns pointed at me. :eek: I also have a severe lead allergy...

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is exactly what would happen law or not saying you can do it. cops show up and your holding a yelling hippy school girl you can bet you will get two to the chest and one to the head

1 - 20 of 28 Posts