Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..

Im fairly new to driving a stick and have grasped it rather quickly i was glad to see that other post about jolting from 1-2, i thought it was all me. But anyways i havent quite found a good way for hills just wondering if some of you want to share some techniques everytime i come to a stop on a hill i use the parking brake until its time to move again some have told me to just use the clutch and somewhat rock back/forth. so i just want to know what everyone else does. maybe get some new ideas

·
Registered
749 Posts
As you gain more experience and get familiar with your car you will learn to do it without the e-brake. It's just a matter of being in tune with the right point where the clutch starts grabbing-the perfect time to be off the brake and on the gas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Iggypopcs said:
Hey everyone..

some have told me to just use the clutch and somewhat rock back/forth.
Using the parking brake is just fine. Holding your position with the
clutch isn't. That'll wear it out very quickly.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
When you're ready to move or shift on a hill, just do it with conviction. Once you commit, just go for it. It's when you hesitate that'll screw you up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Using the clutch on hills is fine sometimes but if you do it everytime you will find that your going to burn out your clutch VERY quickly, use the handbrake most of the time and save yourself some dollars in the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.