Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Pitch Squeal at higher rpm???

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jimmybobjojo 
#1 ·
I have been researching this and cannot find any solid answer. I get the sound when I am in manual mode in the DSG and reving to higher RPM. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad PCV or my neuspeed intake. there isn't any oil around the oil cap but I just started about a week ago and I have had the intake on for about a month now??
[help]

#2 ·
vdubbaby said:
I have been researching this and cannot find any solid answer. I get the sound when I am in manual mode in the DSG and reving to higher RPM. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad PCV or my neuspeed intake. there isn't any oil around the oil cap but I just started about a week ago and I have had the intake on for about a month now??
[help]
Post an audio file of it. 98% sure it's the harmonic off the intake. Can you hear it when all the windows are closed?

When I got the intake - it freaked me out for a few weeks. ;D

#12 ·
ALLLLLLL INTAKES SQUEAL!!!!! It's a fact, it's simply the whistle that air makes when trying to squeeze through a tight hole!!! As I was reading this I was asking myself when you would mention you had an intake. They all make that sound, so rest assured that nothing is wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.