Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as far as cosmetics go, ill wait for now. First I want a great running, smooth '03 GTI.

I bought many things that you guys all mentioned are pretty good for that car. However, i do not know the order in which to do the maintenance. Help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

the car may sound like it needs alot of work, but trust me, ive been driving it around, its pretty good. But i wanna baby it! :D

Things on the list to do: (include things i purchased)
1. got a new clutch kit - with flywheel
2. purchased Redline MT - 90 gear oil(i got 3 bottles of 1 quart each --that enough? how much does the car use?)
3. car came a huge dent on the driver fender - purchased a replacement one
4. both headlights were cracked - purchased 2 new projector headlights
5. i would like to perform the shift link adjusting (i read there are tremendous benefits)
6. also, time for an oil change! purchased Castrol VW recommended oil.
7. i think thats all. but since ill nice and deep in the car, is there anything else you guys would recommend i change/replace or at least take a look at?

this is a big project for me, i just need advice on where to start and continue. maybe an order on things? This site has helped me ALOT so far, thanks alot guys! I will post pics if u guys wanna see!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Depending on mileage might want to check on your timing belt and/or water pump.. Overlooking a bad timing belt could result in further damaging of other parts when that bad boy goes out. If it's not on a stock tune, and the DV hasn't been changed, you might want to do so. Those are your basics..

P.S I hope you enjoy your gti, just bought mine a few months ago and love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts