Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed recently some odd noises sounding like boost leak or bad DV. i made a thread before about it and determined that i should replace my DV (in the mail). I rarely go WOT all the way through the rpm band so this issue is new to me. Every single time i got WOT i get a hesitation at around 3.5k-5k rpm. it hesitates a few times but still pulls decently. I feel a power loss but not a hugely significant one. I just heard that there was a recall on our coilpacks??? and that may be the issue.. what do you guys think? Also im thinking it may be the cam follower. Anyone whos seen my posts before about theses subjects telling me what to check or fix i just want you to know im not a lazy idiot i work 6 days a week and have college to attend. Im just a car lover and always looking for the best possible soulutions and usually obsess with it until its fixed :) thanks for the help everyone!!!

P.S. still looking for someone with a vag-com in NJ

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
the hesitation is a fuel problem. look into your coil packs, spark plugs, and/or fuel pumps (obviously check cam follower when doing hpfp)

FWIW, most non-OEM spark plugs cause misfires under WOT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my nearest VW dealer is over an hour away, figures. thats why i said "P.S. still looking fro vag-com in NJ" to scan it. had the CEL come on once after a quick 1st gear pull.. blinked about 10-15 times and shut off. that was a month ago. nothing since. ill defiantly be ordering oem plugs. Im still in college and as everyone knows your broke when your in college... especially being a VW owner. so im trying to get opinions before i go insane and just open like 3 credit cards and hand them to the Stealership.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
my nearest VW dealer is over an hour away, figures. thats why i said "P.S. still looking fro vag-com in NJ" to scan it. had the CEL come on once after a quick 1st gear pull.. blinked about 10-15 times and shut off. that was a month ago. nothing since. ill defiantly be ordering oem plugs. Im still in college and as everyone knows your broke when your in college... especially being a VW owner. so im trying to get opinions before i go insane and just open like 3 credit cards and hand them to the Stealership.
Coil packs

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
So i noticed recently some odd noises sounding like boost leak or bad DV. i made a thread before about it and determined that i should replace my DV (in the mail). I rarely go WOT all the way through the rpm band so this issue is new to me. Every single time i got WOT i get a hesitation at around 3.5k-5k rpm. it hesitates a few times but still pulls decently. I feel a power loss but not a hugely significant one. I just heard that there was a recall on our coilpacks??? and that may be the issue.. what do you guys think? Also im thinking it may be the cam follower. Anyone whos seen my posts before about theses subjects telling me what to check or fix i just want you to know im not a lazy idiot i work 6 days a week and have college to attend. Im just a car lover and always looking for the best possible soulutions and usually obsess with it until its fixed :) thanks for the help everyone!!!

P.S. still looking for someone with a vag-com in NJ
This happened to me last week when I was flooring it. The car would surge and vibrate like the fuel was cutting out. It was misfiring, I changed the coil packs and spark plugs with OEM ones from the dealer and everything is back to normal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts