20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys how you doing.. To start off here is whats done to my gti
-frankenturbo f21
-415 cc genesis injectors
- stage2+ unitronic tune
- stage 2 coolingmist meth injection
-fmic, turbo back exhaust, to a dump pipe

Recently as i was driving when i hit full throttle the car hesitates at 4k rpm then opens up at 5k
But every time i go past 6k ([email protected] 7250) check engine light flashes and i lose power, now i changed the spark plugs, and coil packs are good as new, but still have the same problem, any suggestion? Thanks in advance

·
Can it really be?
339 Posts
Well you're not hitting the fuel cut unless your still running the stock 3 bar fuel pressure regulator. When did you last replace the fuel pump.

·
Can it really be?
339 Posts
And on a side note I hope you're not running the stock rods. If you get a boost spike like I did on stock rods say goodbye to the rods

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys how you doing.. To start off here is whats done to my gti
-frankenturbo f21
-415 cc genesis injectors
- stage2+ unitronic tune
- stage 2 coolingmist meth injection
-fmic, turbo back exhaust, to a dump pipe

Recently as i was driving when i hit full throttle the car hesitates at 4k rpm then opens up at 5k
But every time i go past 6k ([email protected] 7250) check engine light flashes and i lose power, now i changed the spark plugs, and coil packs are good as new, but still have the same problem, any suggestion? Thanks in advance
I don't know if this is the problem but maybe your mass airflow sensor is bad. When i bought my car i couldn't go over 4,000 rpms and then it would bog out and have very bad respond. i changed it and it worked great. Just an idea!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And on a side note I hope you're not running the stock rods. If you get a boost spike like I did on stock rods say goodbye to the rods
upgraded rods, cams, pistons, also raxles :)

im actually going to order a new fuel pump so maybe that might be the problem thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if this is the problem but maybe your mass airflow sensor is bad. When i bought my car i couldn't go over 4,000 rpms and then it would bog out and have very bad respond. i changed it and it worked great. Just an idea!
definitely will check that out thanks

·
Can it really be?
339 Posts
But what about the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts