Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i switched out the stock DV and replaced it with the Greddy BOV. I have everything installed the way it says to but for some reason it feels like i lost my boost. i ran the vacuum line from the bov to the intake manifold as u would with ur boost gauge. so if anyone has done this switch with no problems please help me out. if u are in the south jersey region near philly even better. thanx

·
Registered
277 Posts
xxxNeophyte said:
Ok so i switched out the stock DV and replaced it with the Greddy BOV. I have everything installed the way it says to but for some reason it feels like i lost my boost. i ran the vacuum line from the bov to the intake manifold as u would with ur boost gauge. so if anyone has done this switch with no problems please help me out. if u are in the south jersey region near philly even better. thanx
How do you have it set?.......100% atmospheric, 50/50 or 100% recirc? If it's one of the first two (which I'd assume since you are loosing boost - aka pressure is be'n let out/off), set it to 100% recirc and it should fix the prob......

This is the first place to start in troubleshooting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its set to 100% recirc. i figured the problem out. i just overlooked the whole setting it to the harder setting on the adjustment since it came set to the softest possible from the factor. couple of turns and boost came back. it was a stupid mistake but the simplest one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
xxxNeophyte said:
its set to 100% recirc. i figured the problem out. i just overlooked the whole setting it to the harder setting on the adjustment since it came set to the softest possible from the factor. couple of turns and boost came back. it was a stupid mistake but the simplest one.
Sweet, never stupid.......... 8) Just glad it was an easy one to fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts