Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to replace my front springs pretty standard job yes but the front struts are stuck . Everything came out with some work but the bottom of the strut that connects to the rotar assembly won't budge . I tried turning the wheel and jumping up and Dow! On it to no avail .

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
So I'm trying to replace my front springs pretty standard job yes but the front struts are stuck . Everything came out with some work but the bottom of the strut that connects to the rotar assembly won't budge . I tried turning the wheel and jumping up and Dow! On it to no avail .
Hammer. The garage that did my coilovers had to bash bash bash.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Hammer. The garage that did my coilovers had to bash bash bash.
You're supposed to use a spreader on the strut mount so that it easily fits back on, but hitting the spindle arms will work too.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
You're supposed to use a spreader on the strut mount so that it easily fits back on(this part intentionally deleted because do it right)
this... you can use a small chisel and a vise grip to spread it... might help to have a second set of hands to hold the chisel there if you dont have a small enough chisel to hold it open while you wiggle it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts