Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Help me PLEEEASE!!!!! im desperate.

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fastgti 
#1 ·
so i bought an o5 vw gti 1.8t mkiv a couple of years ago...and I've had nothing but problems...i really like the car but Im starting to lose hope in it. so far I've dropped about 9 g's into just repairs to keep it running. I've burned out 3 ignition coils my spark plugs d=foul out about every month. and more often than not its not even running. the latest problem is that the epc light came on and i lose all acceleration. Im so lost. i scanned the engine and got a list of codes. here they all are if it'll help.

i bought this car at a used car lot. an 05 with only 60k on it. guess i was wrong. any help would be much appreciated. Im just getting so frustrated with this car

See less See more
#5 ·
i may be forced to...i just wanted to see if anyone could help me do it myself..i dont exactly trust shops..i been screwed more more than a few of them
if you know anything about cars, its easy to know if a shop is screwing you or not... or just bring it to the dealer, may be expensive but if anything is under recal it will be fixed for free.

#7 ·
if you know anything about cars, its easy to know if a shop is screwing you or not... or just bring it to the dealer, may be expensive but if anything is under recal it will be fixed for free.
I agree. That is more codes than i have throw. Take it to the dealer have have them fox it. That much money into keeping it running is a lot. Pay them money to get it fixed right that way little stuff you can fix on your own. When and if you take it to them post back up and let us know what is wrong.

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

#9 ·
Ill take it in once i have the money. Kinda broke. Tis the season. But i didnt know there was a coil pack recall. I just keep replacing them
Send me all the information about you can in a PM. I will look up the recall and send you the paperwork.

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.