Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for something like this, but to no avail.

I had a double din kenwood nav system installed in my car the other day, and now neither the things that shoot out my winshield wiper fluid on the windshield(although these wipers work normally) and my rear wiper and fluid dont work! i dont know what to do. does anyone know of anything that could of been disconnected or whatnot during the install for this to happen? thanks, id appreciate any feedback

[help]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the fuses are checked and are working fine. the fuse that controls both wipers is fine, and my front wipers work, but the jets just arent shooting. i want to take it to vw, but i feel like they will say its your radio and wont be covered under warrenty

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check to make sure that someone didn't crush any of the lines that come off of the pump for the washer fluid... also... try and find the electrical connector hooked up to that pump and make sure it's seated all the way... good luck...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Start at the pump motor. Is it working? If the motor is working, and you are getting nothing, you may have just lost prime. Pull th hose at the pump and run it, anything?

·
Registered
312 Posts
when installing a navi system all you have to hook up is the vehicle speed sensor wire and if it is a dvd player also then the e brake wire. it wouldnt have anything to do with you e brake wire....your VSS wire is located under the steering column. check in that big bundle of wires and see if you can find any problems. or go back to where you had it installed and have them check..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey sorry about that guys i was out of town. but i figured out the problem, the dude who installed it screwed me over. when i checked to see the fuses were working or not i failed to realize one was missing until this past week. I replaced it and now everything is working A-OK, and i feel really stupid... thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Edrock said:
hey sorry about that guys i was out of town. but i figured out the problem, the dude who installed it screwed me over. when i checked to see the fuses were working or not i failed to realize one was missing until this past week. I replaced it and now everything is working A-OK, and i feel really stupid... thanks for the help guys
Sh*t happens... who said check the fuses first? ;D O0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts