Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a new manual GTI in San Francisco (yes I know there are lots of hills here) and am curious if it makes sense to spring for any of the upgrades or if typically those are cheaper/better if you go the aftermarket route. I'm thinking stereo, wheels, maybe steering wheel, shifter, etc.

Also has anyone had any success in negotiating with the dealer to sell you the car minus the wheels if you want to put on aftermarkets anyway?

I'm not a knowledgable car guy and am not handy so I wouldn't be doing any work myself most likely, unless it was super super super easy and impossible to screw up.

Anyway any suggestions on buying a new GTI would be helpful. I haven't bought a car in more than 15 years and haven't even owned one in 10.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Forget the satnav, I hear it's crap. The Dynaudios I hear are good, but you could probably do better aftermarket. The 18" wheels are really nice and come wrapped in Pirellis, but I guess that's a question of taste.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I can say taht Nav is rubbish. My buddy has it and it is slow, jumpy, and lacks updating. It is an improvement from the later models, but still VDub is not known for excellent Nav systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts