Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup everyone i'm new to all this forum stuff and i'm really excited about it, i recently bought an 07 UG GTI! i love VW my first car was an 85 cabriolet, (i had to put my foot on the shifter when going in reverse to keep it from popping out and grinding) haha;D but none the less i loved it. so, i bought my gti bone stock had it for a day and put a CAI and immediatly ordered an ECS dogbone insert (love it). also put 18x8 rims on it. (i'll have pics up soon) anyway, i just wanted to introduce myself i guess? and ask for all of you GTI lovers help as i build my dream GTI. (not the best speller... i'm over it)

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Welcome! Let us know what u need help with. Dont be afraid of searching for topics. Alot of things have been discussed alread

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
A cabriolet? Nice, I had a mk1 that I had to hold in reverse, before you even ask, get chipped, apr, uni, giac, whatever,

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
welcome welcome O0 have fun with it and dont let people influence how u mod it

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks man.. couple of questions for you. how do you like your giac? i'm almost convinced about going with them.

what does an o2 spacer do?

is a noise pipe in the exhaust or in the engine bay?.. i've heard it being referred to as the black pipe to the left of the turbo inlet..

last one.. if you get a catch can upgrade do you have to worry about pcv fumes getting into the cabin? or is that just on a pcv fix?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
cool, thanks man.. couple of questions for you. how do you like your giac? i'm almost convinced about going with them.

what does an o2 spacer do?

is a noise pipe in the exhaust or in the engine bay?.. i've heard it being referred to as the black pipe to the left of the turbo inlet..

last one.. if you get a catch can upgrade do you have to worry about pcv fumes getting into the cabin? or is that just on a pcv fix?
1. I like my GIAC tune, its a whole new car after a tune.

2. If you get a aftermarket downpipe with high flow catalytic converter or no cat, you need to move the o2 sensor out of the direct exhaust flow or you will get a CEL because the car thinks the cat is not working efficiently.

3.Noise pipe is in engine bay and runs from the Y pipe in the front of motor to the firewall.

4. Only way u get fumes in cabin with a catch can is if you get a vent to atmosphere set up. A recirculating system = no fumes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok great and what does deleting the noise pipe do? (i'm a noob i know, i appreciate the knowledge)

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
ok great and what does deleting the noise pipe do? (i'm a noob i know, i appreciate the knowledge)
slightly better throttle response since it has to fill about 4ft less pipe with boost

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, is it a simple mod? or shop only?.. and why would vw put it there anyway?

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
ok, is it a simple mod? or shop only?.. and why would vw put it there anyway?
yes very simple ... remove the pipe and plug the hole in the pipe thats left ... they did it because it make a lil bit of engine noise in the cabin ... hence its name

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome, i'll look up DIY's thanks

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
no problems dood O0

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Yes Chr!s is correct. Easy mod, definately noticeable throttle response. And yes there are DIY's around. Boost comes on faster

1 - 14 of 14 Posts