My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Chanced about this great site while net-surfing. Here is my 1 mth old ride. Black on black 5 dr with the following specs: sun-roof, dsg, bi-xenons, cruise control, RCD 500 head unit, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear view mirror, auto-dimming driver's side mirror, leather seats, eletric seat on driver's side blah blah.

Mods todate are upsizing to 18" BBS CH rims with Michelin PS2 tyre, R32 rear lights, v-kool, short antenna, KW Var 3 coilovers. Here are some pics. Cheers!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice ride!

What's is this RCD 500 Head Unit you talk about? I don't think this is anything that made it to North America. Must have left it off along with the rain sensing wipers too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zulu said:
Nice ride!

What's is this RCD 500 Head Unit you talk about? I don't think this is anything that made it to North America. Must have left it off along with the rain sensing wipers too!
I believe the GTI can be equipped with various versions of factory head units for the sound system. The RCD 300 shd be the lowest end and may or may not come with an add-on CD changer. The RCD 500 is further up the range and comes with an in-dash CD changer that can store up to 6 CDs. The highest end wld of coz be the SAT NAV system. Not sure what is the model name for that though!

U won't miss the rain-sensing wipers. I absolutely hate them. Wiper system is erratic and irritating. With this rain-sensing wipers, the intermittent wiper function is no longer available. So I have to switch to a higher wiper speed if I don't want to make use of the rain-sensing function.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess here in the states they don't have code name it's just an x/m radio with 6 disc CD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blackgti06 said:
you should get the smoked tail lights for the car it would look cool.
Thanks for the suggestion dude. My R32 rear lights are juz a month old so I guess I will hang on to them for a while. I understand after-mkt LED lights are already available. Guys looking to change their rear light clusters should certainly consider that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts