Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heated washer nozzles: A safety and convenience feature that prevents washer fluid from freezing. Helps the driver to maintain good visibility in winter and under adverse weather conditions.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Question on the subject.. I was wondering is their a specific washer fluid we should use or the blue stuff at the auto parts is good enough??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. It has an unmistakable smell of some serious quality washer fluid. I'm sure that $2 @ gal junk isn't the way to go. I might actually buy it from VW.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I really don't think it matters if you use the cheap stuff or not. In Germany you can't even buy real washer fluid anywhere (environmental concerns), people there use water or mix something with water.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i asked the sevice manager at my dealership about which washer fluid to use and he said that its nothing special that comes in the car. Anything from auto zone, pep boys etc will do fine. he also said though, that when they service your car, they will top off all fluids including the washer fluid, so as long as you get service form the dealership, you can get the same stuff.

·
Registered
261 Posts
schnell06 said:
i asked the sevice manager at my dealership about which washer fluid to use and he said that its nothing special that comes in the car. Anything from auto zone, pep boys etc will do fine. he also said though, that when they service your car, they will top off all fluids including the washer fluid, so as long as you get service form the dealership, you can get the same stuff.
Good to know.. One more thing on my list to check for after a dealer service. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
Heated washer nozzles: A safety and convenience feature that prevents washer fluid from freezing. Helps the driver to maintain good visibility in winter and under adverse weather conditions.
We in Belgium get this in our optional winter pakket together with heated seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.