Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Headligt Help Please!!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SunZhine337 
#1 ·
Well I'm really not a fan of projector head lights, I wanna stay stock on them. I would like some HID's on them. Any one got some opinions on this???

#3 ·
You should run HID's in projectors for the safety factor. You CAN run HID's in the regulat housing but the light will be too dispersed and blind alot of oncoming cars. I owuld recommend the projectors with the conversion. Otherwise boostie's got you covered on the place to go for the HID ballasts and bulbs. Best and cheapest on the market.

#5 ·
Well any one on here got some projectors they wanna let go off.??
Ebay the housings and then get your own HIDs to upgrade. ALWAYS get glass lenses on the new headlights. Plastic will haze and melt under the HID temperatures.

#6 ·
Ebay the housings and then get your own HIDs to upgrade. ALWAYS get glass lenses on the new headlights. Plastic will haze and melt under the HID temperatures.
Have driven for a year on my hid's in the stock housing. nothing melted everything works fine. i have 8k's and they do not blind upcoming cars :) just aim them down.

a good idea for a project with the headlights is to do what im going to do soon:
-take the headlight apart
-take the silver plastic from the inside out or paint it black
-put angel lights in
-in your case put hid's in too

#7 ·
Have driven for a year on my hid's in the stock housing. nothing melted everything works fine. i have 8k's and they do not blind upcoming cars :) just aim them down.

a good idea for a project with the headlights is to do what im going to do soon:
-take the headlight apart
-take the silver plastic from the inside out or paint it black
-put angel lights in
-in your case put hid's in too
What wattage are your HIDs? And E-coding the headlights is a solid idea as it tones down the oversplash from the HID's lighting. You'll start to notice the plastic lense fog after a while on the HID's. It gets pretty damn hot in your headlight man, and if you want to keep them looking their best for as long as possible, glass lenses are your best bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.