My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmmmm, good question... i'm guessing you have an '07, because i've never seen that on an '06. i know the 07's do not have the headlight washers, but do have the aux audio jack in the glove box... is it possible that they also did away with the auto leveling headlights and instead went to a manual setup? i know the mitsubishi evo's and the subaru sti's with xenon headlights have a manual level adjustment from inside the cabin. in those cars the control looks just like what you have circled. when you move that with your headlights on (switch in on position, not just the DRLs) do they move up and down? or do you know for a fact that you have the automatic leveling ones?

interesting pic... i've never seen that before. in mine, which is an '06, i have just the knob to the left for adjusting the interior light level for the gages and radio display, the area to the right is blanked out just like the two switches next to the esp button on the console.

·
Registered
300 Posts
GTfly said:
changes the brightness of yer interior blue accent color that lights up everything.
The one on the left is the brightness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The one on the left is the rheostat/brightness adjustment for the interior lighting. The one on the right is for you to adjust your headlight angle when your car has extra passengers or a heavy load, so you don't dazzle oncoming cars. My Polo GTI also has the dual switch control.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the kicker, the car is an 07 5-door US spec GTI, and has the auto leveling HIDs. The wheel on the left works as it should, as a dimmer for the dash lights. The wheel on the left, doesn't do anything as is not in the manual. I am guessing that somebody in Wolfburg grabbed the wrong part from the parts bin for my car. Does any one think there will be any problems if I just leave it like it is, or should I get the dealer to replace it, as this is obviously not a US spec part. I really do want the dealer to rip into the dash if there won't be any harm in leaving it there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
IF it truly is the wrong part, it gives your car character.

Roll it up and down a bunch of times and see which light in your house is turning on and off. Or if there's a garage down the street bashing up someone elses car.

·
Registered
690 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
IF it truly is the wrong part, it gives your car character.

Roll it up and down a bunch of times and see which light in your house is turning on and off. Or if there's a garage down the street bashing up someone elses car.
I laugh my ass off every time I see that commercial...

·
Registered
43 Posts
there would be no danger in leaving it as it is.... if your correct and it was a manufacturing goof, then i'm guessing that behind the switch is an open connector with no wires plugged into it -no big deal, there would be no power going to it, and no chance of anything shorting out or sparking, or anything like that. if the gage rheostadt ever fails, you've got a spare and can just switch them.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
You couldn't figure out their (intended) purposes by looking at the pictures? They're quite clear. Maybe this is why the American version has more words on the dash and the Canadian/European/restofworld have pictograms.

That is weird that you have that dial.

Is it really true they did away with the headlight washers in the '07? Why the hell would they do that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thalo said:
Is it really true they did away with the headlight washers in the '07? Why the hell would they do that?
this is something i heard about before the boards got hacked and everything was reset. Redleg, can you confrim this? do you have the headlight washers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '07 has the washers. VeeDubb was messing around w/them last night at work and ended up spraying the whole car! :eek:

I'll try to get some pics of them in action by tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
VenomousButtrfly said:
My '07 has the washers. VeeDubb was messing around w/them last night at work and ended up spraying the whole car! :eek:

guess i stand corrected. cool to see that they didn't get rid of them, it's such a cool feature.

·
Registered
245 Posts
VenomousButtrfly said:

Ditto. '07s have them, its at the Week 50 Changes when they will no longer be included. So I have heard...

·
Registered
300 Posts
nitroburn said:
its at the Week 50 Changes when they will no longer be included. So I have heard...
Can you translate that for the uninformed?

·
Registered
245 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
nitroburn said:
its at the Week 50 Changes when they will no longer be included. So I have heard...
Can you translate that for the uninformed?
Week 50 begins December 9th. Cars built after this date will have the changes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.