Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays Newspaper:

" VW AG said Friday it was recalling 340,000 passenger cars in the US because the headlights failed to comply with federal safety standards.
The recall includes 2005-2008 Jetta models and 2006-2008 Rabbit, GTI and R32 passenger cars. There have been no crashes linked to the issue, a company spokesman said.
Owners are expected to be notified of the recall beginning in late October"

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
And what exactly will be recalled.. they better not take my Xenons and throw in halogens

·
Registered
530 Posts
These are the best headlights I've ever had, they can't take them away! DAMN IT! [help]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah I was at the dealership the other day, they have "heard about it" but don't know any details.......

I reiterated the above, you ain't touch'n them =)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Guess I'd better schedule my service now before they get wise and mess with only the best headlights I've had. Say it aint so!!! :mad:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I read the recall. Your headlights will not be altered as far as you know.

Its got to do with the adjustment. there was a cap installed...to prevent vertical allignment, while horrizontal allignment was allowed....

aparently...this is the exact opposite of the federal safety standards. All they have to do is swap the cap, and block off the horrizontal adjustment.

nothing major....and you won't notice a thing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes, good news... i just had my first oil change (5k miles already in only 6 and a half weeks ) and they looked for any recall issues and found nothing... but no biggie, doesnt sound like a big deal... it would have really sucked to have halogens in there...blah

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had this recall done this weekend and now my headlights adjustment is off horizontally and vertically. My wife was driving in front of me and noticed that the drivers side light seems to get brighter than the passengers side when I go over a bump in the road. I wanted to see for myself so we switched cars and she was right. I also noticed that when I was in the right lane and the gti was in the left lane the lights were brighter. I checked it in opposite lanes (the gti in the right lane and her car in the left lane) and the lights were not brighter. seems as though the horizontal adj. is off to the right. Anyone else been able to check there lights out after having this recall and notice a problem similar?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts