Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

It seems as though my headlights have stopped auto-leveling. Another weird thing, I can't seem to get the headlight washers to work. I believe I did it once though, however, I've been reading in other forums that the washers might have been deleted mid-07 on US models. My car is a Canadian model and the do***entation states that headlight washers are installed. Anyway, could these failures be a result of a blown fuse or something? I only have 1800km on my '08 GTI. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I would definately check your fusebox FIRST. It's probably the cause, and it'll take you a few seconds to swap out a new fuse...You probably won't even have to buy one, as the car has "extra" fuses stuffed into the fusebox... If the problem persists, take it to the dealership and let them take a look at it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi there,

It seems as though my headlights have stopped auto-leveling. Another weird thing, I can't seem to get the headlight washers to work. I believe I did it once though, however, I've been reading in other forums that the washers might have been deleted mid-07 on US models. My car is a Canadian model and the do***entation states that headlight washers are installed. Anyway, could these failures be a result of a blown fuse or something? I only have 1800km on my '08 GTI. Thanks for any advice.
i know that with the headlight washers, they only work when the windshield wipers are beeing used. try turning on your windshield wipers on and then use the washer. your headlight washers should work then. as for the headlights? mine only seem to work when i stall and then turn the car on again. hahaha... still trying to get used to the short throw on it.

hope this works and answers your questions.:):rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,

Happy New Year!

A little update on my GTI...turns out I don't have headlight washers installed after all. :(
For the leveling issue, the dealership had to replace my driver's side headlight assembly under warranty at 2500kms!!! Sucks to let people take apart my GTI when it's sooo young. Anyways, everythings OK now.

-sick08Trick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.