Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Having trouble keeping up

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  GranTurismoInjection 
#1 ·
Well guys, I'm just making an observation here. Recently, the site has been growing with such great leaps and bounds that I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the posts. I used to be able to read "all unread posts since last visit" but now, every time I come back, there's 50 more posts. I simply do not have the time or energy to read every single post any more. Has anyone else come to this point, or am I just a lazyass?

#4 ·
Maybe if GTI MkV, and some others, wouldn't post the same thing multiple times in different posts we'd be able to cut back on activity a bit. Also, if you haven't posted in a bit it really isn't necessary to go through every single post and post something like "yeah, what he said". Makes the list way too long.

#5 ·
Two things I think would help: (1) being able to keep a "favorites" folder of threads you want to follow; (2) being able to check "remove" on threads you don't want to read once you hit "see all unread since last visit." Sort of like cleaning up your inbox before getting down to business.

#6 ·
Dean I think that's the best idea I've heard in a long time, I think everyone would enjoy the site more. Personally I really don't care about the mods threads, so a favorites folder would be awesome. Also I agree with Thalo, you're exactly right, I'm sick of reading through all these posts only to see the same thing over and over. Hopefully FF or Dr. Jones will be able to do something like this, I'll definately be a lot more active here if I've got those features. My homepage is google and I don't plan on changing it only because it's my e-mail, news, weather, stock etc.

#8 ·
Thalo said:
Maybe if GTI MkV, and some others, wouldn't post the same thing multiple times in different posts we'd be able to cut back on activity a bit. Also, if you haven't posted in a bit it really isn't necessary to go through every single post and post something like "yeah, what he said". Makes the list way too long.
But, then, how ever will we become super super members like you? ;) Too bad the site can't differentiate "substantive" posts to decide on elevating membership levels...

#10 ·
P.S.S. Really, it's tempting.

(I hope you all realize and appreciate the humor factor I was going for here. At least it only added one thread to your unread posts lists...)

#11 ·
You'll never have as many as me! HAHAHA!

You know, I've realized something: I hardly ever actually start topics. With the list of active topics I have to read through every day just to keep up, there's no time really to start new topics, not that there's anything that hasn't been covered yet anyway.

#12 ·
deviltailedfast said:
P.S.S. Really, it's tempting.

(I hope you all realize and appreciate the humor factor I was going for here. At least it only added one thread to your unread posts lists...)
Dude, I dig your style
--The Big Lebowski

Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to follow every post anymore. I just look at the recent posts for anything interesting, then move on to something that takes less time.

They don't have a "New Topics" tab do they? I'd search for myself, but you know, it would take too long. I think that would be a good place to start for people like myself who don't log in a couple times a day because we...oh I don't know...WORK all day.

#13 ·
I work too, but I don't do much besides playing games and sleeping in my free time, so I'm the type that has the time to be on the forum whenever I feel up to it.

I also had Google as my homepage, until one day, I realized I hadn't checked MFG in a few days so I just set it to my homepage so I wouldnt forget to check it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.