BMW 3-Series Price Quote
Ford Mustang Price Quote
Nissan Sentra Price Quote
Ford Fusion Price Quote
Chrysler 300 Price Quote
Chevrolet Malibu Price Quote
Buick Lucerne Price Quote
Toyota Yaris Price Quote

Sales data shown is of top 20 selling cars and trucks as compiled by Autodata Corporation.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, looks like i misunderstood, after further review the top 20 they have listed in their hatchback story is top 20 selling vehicles overall.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Yeah, i was going to say: A camry isn't a hatch.

but it's no surprise those cars are there. i see them EVERYWHERE.

I've seen a lot more rabbits than GTI's too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It kinda pissed me off... how can you have a hothatch article and not even mention the GTI...WTF???

It comes from AOL though, the land of bought and paid for advertising...so i shoulda just left it alone.

Still...hate to see our beloved car get the driveshaft!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about an all time WORST hatchback list - here is mine

1) YUGO GTY - yes, they actually put ground effects on a yugo with a racing stripe and it said "Grand touring Yugo on it - even had a black spoiler wing on the back LOL

2) Fiat Strada - Italian disaster

3) Trabant - 2 stroke 2 cylinder engine ... germany, WTF were you thinking back in 63?

4) 78 honda accord - didnt captain chaos ( dom deluise ) drive one to work at jj mclures speed shop in cannonball run - possibly the ugliest car the planets ever seen, although it rusted so fast it disappeared as quickly as it was built.

5) finally, last and not least americas own AMC pacer which ties with the Vega and the Pinto as the ugliest pos this country has ever mass produced.

Thats my list and im grateful these cars are history. LOL anyone else?

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
When I was living in Europe, I actually hit a Trabant with my Passat (95) at about 10 mph.

No damage whatsoever on my Passat - the Trabant just ripped open. (damage cost $1.00 hahaha - just use recycled Walmart bags)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Here are my top Hatchbacks:

1. GTI (of course)
2. Vauxhall Astra VXR
3. Volvo C30 T5
4. Mazdaspeed 3
5. Ford Focus ST

Too bad some on my list aren't available in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Here are MY top hatches...

1. VW GTI Mk V
2. Subaru WRX 2008
3. Mazdaspeed 3
4. Mini Cooper S

That's about it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:

1. GTI (of course)
2. Vauxhall Astra VXR
3. Volvo C30 T5
4. Mazdaspeed 3
5. Ford Focus ST

Someone has been watching Top Gear!! That Vauxhall is a sweet little rocket....nice O0

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Does Opel produce the same car for the rest of Europe?

I also read somewhere that Saturn is going to bring the Astra to the States.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
22350 said:
kryptonkid07 said:

1. GTI (of course)
2. Vauxhall Astra VXR
3. Volvo C30 T5
4. Mazdaspeed 3
5. Ford Focus ST

Where can you watch top gear? all i have seen is internet video clips from that show. the older chubby guy is hilarious in his descriptions of the cars, he gets such a woody from driving some of those cars and has a great grasp of the english language, i like how he communicates to the audience.

Someone has been watching Top Gear!! That Vauxhall is a sweet little rocket....nice O0

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
TOE_FAST said:
22350 said:
kryptonkid07 said:

1. GTI (of course)
2. Vauxhall Astra VXR
3. Volvo C30 T5
4. Mazdaspeed 3
5. Ford Focus ST

Where can you watch top gear? all i have seen is internet video clips from that show. the older chubby guy is hilarious in his descriptions of the cars, he gets such a woody from driving some of those cars and has a great grasp of the english language, i like how he communicates to the audience.

That's pretty much where I watch it.

I swear it used to come on Discovery a while back, but they must've cancelled it. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saturn is bringing the astra to the united states, but only in a mild child version, i believe the specs were right around 130hp in the only engine they will be offering. The new Road and Track talks about it, it looks like a decent little hatch, nothing too cool though.

I did read their full review on the C30 and it definitely lost some points in my book... it gets destroyed in terms of performance by the GTI, Si, and Cooper S... They have a cheapy version of the car that sells for like 23k, but with some respectable options the car can top 30k.

Personally, i feel the C30 looked pretty ugly as well.

The new Subaru WRX hatch has a ton of potential for performance... in terms of pure speed... you might call it an R32 killer... drop a thousand bucks into the WRX and the price is still around 25k and can easily put out over 250hp. I believe the AWD system in the WRX is as good if not better than the R32's... however, if someone was so brave to throw a supercharger on their R32 with some decent tuning and you could start blowing the doors off exotic cars...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.