Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I really need some help guys. I checked my oil today and i was low. So I went and bought 2 quarts of Castrol Edge 5w40 Full synth. I take the oil cap off and there is this gunk or wtf it is all over it... Its a light grey color and its about the consistency of a melting milk shake. The car is running fine I have no issues with performance or anything. no weird noises or anything it only has 28555 miles on it. Please help I really don't know what to do or how to get rid of this should I Sea-foam it this weekend or pick some up tomorrow let it run and change the oil this weekend?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
HALP? ??? ??? ???

this been discussed already

its normal as long as the oil in the oil pan is not like that

just condensation

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well there wasnt any on the dip stick.. it smells like oil sorry i wasted peoples time... it just freaked me out. i will just double check it tomorrow when i get to work if not ill contact vw and see if i am still under warranty and go from there.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
well there wasnt any on the dip stick.. it smells like oil sorry i wasted peoples time... it just freaked me out. i will just double check it tomorrow when i get to work if not ill contact vw and see if i am still under warranty and go from there.
Oh you owe me big time for the ten seconds it took me to find that thread.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:-( fine

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
We're done here. A little searching next time OP, and a little more patience from everyone else please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.