Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H&R Ultra Low Coilovers.

I'm really interested in these coils for a couple reasons.

(example)
I can go from 2" - 4" drop and that would help with rake if i felt like i needed to fix it.

But the only concerns I have are.

1. How is the ride?
2. Would I need anything else before or after installing so I dont come into any troubles?

I have a 5 month old daughter and I'm looking for stance and comfort.

open to suggestions.

I own a 2006 volkswagen gti 2.0t

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
They are going to be super stiff.

A 4" drop would require other modifications. If you're looking for comfort, I'd probably go with the street performance models. Generally, street means a little softer.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
They are going to be super stiff.

A 4" drop would require other modifications. If you're looking for comfort, I'd probably go with the street performance models. Generally, street means a little softer.
H&R ultra lows are FAR from stiff. They're one of the softest spring rate coils that go super low. But to get them to lower all the way down you will probably have to notch your frame at the least.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
ultra lows have great comfort when low

at least thats what i read

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not looking to go down 4" but Its the room for correction on rake.

I want my gti to sit level as possibly, im basically looking for a 2" drop and a super comfortable ride.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Im not looking to go down 4" but Its the room for correction on rake.

I want my gti to sit level as possibly, im basically looking for a 2" drop and a super comfortable ride.
If money isn't an issue, the ultra lows are your best bet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious as well, as to what alot of people have been preferring! I am kind of leaning towards the Ultra Lows, I would prob only end up lowering the coils another .5 inch from where the sit all the way up, but I want the option to go low if I want!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts