Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had H&R race springs part# 54750-88 installed on my fast .....and let me tell you ...If you've got $500 burning a hole in your pocket .......Get these springs ////Definelty the least expensive upgrade that adds the most to the appearance of your MKV ($200 for sprins/$200-$300 for installation labor and alignment) ......Wow do they make a difference....Lowered 2" in both front and rear! PICS TO FOLLOW

·
Registered
6 Posts
How does it ride now that you have the springs installed? Lowering most cars 2" without new shocks usually ends with a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your car looks great! Do you have any problems with your tires rubbing the fender? Did they have to cut your bump stops when they installed the springs?

·
Registered
80 Posts
That looks really nice I think that I have found the springs I want

Where did you pick those up at all I can find is the sport springs I found the race ones on the H&R site but there $350

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Handles great and looks even better!! The best upgrade for around $500 .......There are 2 sites you can locate these springs
WWW.PARTS4VW.COM PRICE: 199.00

I ordered mine from
WWW.OPTIONIMPORTS.COM

If you cant locate H&R part# 54750-88 at the above sites ....call them ...Cause they have them for SURE!

·
Registered
128 Posts
how much ground clearance do you have now...meaning from the ground to the little black running board thing (i dont know what it is called). i think the stock look is too high

·
Registered
80 Posts
For me lowering my car does 2 things.
1. gets ride of unsightly wheel gap (of which the A5 has plenty)
2. improves handling

and 1 inch for me isnt enough
and unless potholes have a light bar and can issue me a ticket I could care less about them

·
Registered
346 Posts
No question the two inch lowering looks sick, but I'm afraid that the many areas around Dallas under construction would be too much of a beating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The H & R sports are the perfect compromise for those of us looking for better handling, lowered stance, and decent ride. Some people have said it rides better on the sports than the OE's. One day...........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts