My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, I just saved up enough money to get the H&R coil over system. Has anybody done an H&R coilover yet? If they have, how much better is it than just the sport springs (aside from the obvious of adjustable ride height) and is there a way to get the set up cheaper than the H&R site?

·
Registered
635 Posts
im looking at getting the electronic controlled suspension that when you punch a button it lowers 3 inches and so on...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i donno about the H&R coilovers but i run stasis tuned koni coilovers and they ride great. H&R is a respectable company so i would trust them as well. if i had to do it all over again though i would of saved the extra few hundred and got billstein. i hear they are the best.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
GTfly said:
i donno about the H&R coilovers but i run stasis tuned koni coilovers and they ride great. H&R is a respectable company so i would trust them as well. if i had to do it all over again though i would of saved the extra few hundred and got billstein. i hear they are the best.
Stasis also has some Ohlins kit for the s4, I'm sure Ohlins has something to fit the MkV (for about $4-5K) http://www.ohlins.com/Automotive/Products/TouringGT/tabid/95/Default.aspx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anybody know a good site to check out billstein coilovers? Their main site that I found kinda sucks, and doesn't even give a price or a picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kylmos said:
The only thing that you can electronically control with this suspension is the dampening. Not the ride height. Ride height is controlled just like on all other performance suspension systems by using a threaded shock body. That is a cool suspension though but completely unnecessary. I would only get it if you drove at the track every weekend and also drove the car 100miles to work everyday, even then proly wouldn't get it just get the koni or H&R, or billstein if you have the money.

and if u dont know what dampening is:

DAMPING: A variable which controls how fast the shock can move during rebound and/or compression.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts