Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gumball rally kicks off again tomorrow from London. I love to keep track of the race each year, anybody else? I can't wait to be able to do it someday.

If you could take any car on it, what would it be?
Ruf RT12 for me

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
10bv01 said:
The Gumball rally kicks off again tomorrow from London. I love to keep track of the race each year, anybody else? I can't wait to be able to do it someday.

If you could take any car on it, what would it be?
Ruf RT12 for me
Audi r10 with a large fuel tank :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad news, the rally was canceled. A 997 Porsche Turbo wrecked in Macedonia, and killed the driver of the other car.

Here is what the organizers of the rally said a day later.

Gumball 3000 is very saddened to announce a road accident which occurred yesterday, May 2nd, involving a participating vehicle and a local vehicle in Macedonia. Exact details are still filtering through, but below are the facts as of midday May 3rd 2007 issued by the Macedonian authorities.

An adult Macedonian male aged 67 died in hospital from a heart attack following the incident where the two cars collided. The participants in the rally were held in custody last night with a preliminary court judgement expected today.

Organisers of the rally would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of the victim for this tragic accident.

Maximillion Cooper, founder of the Rally says: “It is with extreme sadness I have to make an announcement of this nature in the events nine year history.. The event is organised with each local authorities support and permission, and drivers are under strict stipulation by abide by the laws and road regulations of the country they are driving through. It is extremely sad for this unfortunate accident to have occurred. I am informed that the incident was reported immediately by the drivers. Both drivers are extremely traumatised by this occurrence.”

After this statement was released, a lot of people withdrew from the race, however several continued on their way. Two of the cars that kept going wrecked (Ford GT, Porsche Carrera GT)

Then....
More then 24 hours after the deadly accident on Macedonian roads, Gumball 3000 finally announced the cancellation of this years rally. After the fatal accident on Macedonian roads yesterday afternoon Gumball 3000 tried to keep it quiet as much as possible, they kept the families of Marga and Vladimir, locals, fans, drivers and sponsors completely in the dark, it took massive negative publicity in the worldwide media for them to realise the coverup failed and there was nothing else left then to cancel the rally.

Long read.. sorry.

·
Registered
342 Posts
10bv01 said:
Bad news, the rally was canceled. A 997 Porsche Turbo wrecked in Macedonia, and killed the driver of the other car.

Here is what the organizers of the rally said a day later.

Gumball 3000 is very saddened to announce a road accident which occurred yesterday, May 2nd, involving a participating vehicle and a local vehicle in Macedonia. Exact details are still filtering through, but below are the facts as of midday May 3rd 2007 issued by the Macedonian authorities.

An adult Macedonian male aged 67 died in hospital from a heart attack following the incident where the two cars collided. The participants in the rally were held in custody last night with a preliminary court judgement expected today.

Organisers of the rally would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of the victim for this tragic accident.

Maximillion Cooper, founder of the Rally says: “It is with extreme sadness I have to make an announcement of this nature in the events nine year history.. The event is organised with each local authorities support and permission, and drivers are under strict stipulation by abide by the laws and road regulations of the country they are driving through. It is extremely sad for this unfortunate accident to have occurred. I am informed that the incident was reported immediately by the drivers. Both drivers are extremely traumatised by this occurrence.”

After this statement was released, a lot of people withdrew from the race, however several continued on their way. Two of the cars that kept going wrecked (Ford GT, Porsche Carrera GT)

Then....
More then 24 hours after the deadly accident on Macedonian roads, Gumball 3000 finally announced the cancellation of this years rally. After the fatal accident on Macedonian roads yesterday afternoon Gumball 3000 tried to keep it quiet as much as possible, they kept the families of Marga and Vladimir, locals, fans, drivers and sponsors completely in the dark, it took massive negative publicity in the worldwide media for them to realise the coverup failed and there was nothing else left then to cancel the rally.

Long read.. sorry.
Hey, for info on this I don't have a problem reading; I don't think anybody should have a problem with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts