Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you enjoy having to floor your car to feel its potential, go Si.
If you enjoy driving the vehicle and having tons of power all through the RPMs, go GTI.

The civic may seem nice, but unless you like having to floor it all the time to get the same power (6000-8000 rpm for vtec kickin), go GTI.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ill say this much once again....at the end of the day, its still a honda.
This topic is making me desperate to have my fast go searching for an SI to Annihilate! ;D
and have a sign on the back saying Ich Liebe Der Autobahn just to tell him my fast dont like to hit speeds under 200 Km/h haha

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i eat Civic SI's for breakfast! and RSX Type-S's for lunch. and Integra Type-R's for dinner... mmm... and thats when im on a diet >:D. if im feelin hungry i go out for the g35's and 350z's 8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
doesnt even matter how many ponies gtfly's gti has. he raced a 160HP piece of crap si hatchback [refered to as the worst si]. to be honest, if u race a new si, its gonna be neck and neck, as is with the type s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WhiteMkV said:
doesnt even matter how many ponies gtfly's gti has. he raced a 160HP piece of crap si hatchback [refered to as the worst si]. to be honest, if u race a new si, its gonna be neck and neck, as is with the type s.
If ur talking about the EP3, yes its the worst si ever made... my personal favorite was the 93 EG which I had about a year ago.... I'm patiently saving up for my 07 GTI, I can't wait! I'm thinking of getting the black or grey one.... personally I have no bad feelings for hondas... they're prety good cars(from my experience) prety reliable but I've been doing my research lately and though I haven't gone to test drive a GTI, I'm really starting to love it.... I mean the the looks, inside and out are just outstanding plus I thought of adding a widebody(I'm trying to draw one up), I saw a post a page back I think, about the comparison a website was making, I saw the comparison at cars.com, they compared the 06 si 07GTI and 06 mini, the sound of GTI's motor when they reved just made me really fall for it like a kid with a crush for his teacher seriously lol.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's the everyday difference (from my view):

Yesterday, I saw another Candy White GTI drive off while I was getting in mine at a gas station, and the guy looked over and gave me the nod of approval, which I promptly returned. That's always cool.

If a Si pulls up to another Si somewhere, they will automatically challenge each other to race, balls-to-the-wall style, resulting in an accident or the shame of one driver. That's never cool. Ever.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bboy AJ said:
GranTurismoInjection said:
If a Si pulls up to another Si somewhere, they will automatically challenge each other to race, balls-to-the-wall style, resulting in an accident or the shame of one driver.
I disagree.
And I respect that.

Care to share though?

*Edit* Ignore me, I'm just being a dumb asshole. Of course that's not how it is. I just watch a lot of movies...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Raced one for the first time today. We cat and moused for a little bit, then got to a light. I got the head start and obliterated him to the next light. He rolls down his window and goes "Damn, that sucker is fast, what mods have you done?" I told him that it was just a stock 2.0T. I asked him what he had and he told me that he only had a new exhaust system. We both went for it at the next light, and this time we were LITERALLY neck and neck until the next light, we went to about 125, if it was a drag, it would have come down to the milliseconds. We went one more time at the next light, and again it was neck and neck. His tires were slipping in second gear. Also, he told me that he had a manual. After that third race, I had to turn and was called a "stupid fuck" by some old man, the guy was cool though and waved to me.

After turning, I heard some noise that didn't sound too good. Sounded like some kind of fan that was blowing really hard to cool down my engine or something. I drive the car pretty hard, but I've never heard this noise before. It went away after about 2 minutes, but freaked me out while it was happening.

Moral of the story: Stock GLI > Modified SI

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
10bv01 said:
He rolls down his window and goes "Damn, that sucker is fast, what mods have you done?" I told him that it was just a stock 2.0T.
BWAAAAAHAHHAA ;D

I wanna see what I can against my brother-in-law in his Boxster 8)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Thalo said:
10bv01 said:
Didn't seem to matter, I only weigh 120 lbs so the 40-60 extra pounds don't mean much.
Man, you'll beat me in a race any day. My car's lugging a whole extra 100lbs around.
haha, same here.

I want to race an 07 Si. I raced an old 89ish Si hatchback(friend of mine). I really like the car, but man... I beat the crap out of him. This was before I got my LC fixed so my tranny was acting up. I floored it and my car hesitated for like 1 second, giving him a big head start. I caught up and passed him with ease. I was carrying a lot more weight. I'm assuming the old 89 is lighter than the GTI and I had a friend of mine in the passenger side. I just want to have a friendly race with someone. Nothing like "i'm going to bite your head off". My friend's dad has an RSX type-S, but he lets him drive it. I'm going to race him soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
alrtie i guess since i am looking into buying a mkv gti and i own a civic i can jump in. Im guessing not many people street race? I can say iv drivin tons of fast vics from all motor to turbo ones and u cant underestimate them. It all just depends on what you are looking for, theres ways a civic can match up to a gti, take a vic say a 00 si you can get one for like what 8g's rite now throw that other 15 into it and i would bet on the si wining a race against a gti even with slight mods, and then if u wanna compare style and interior i would have to say my 01 ex with leather seats is very comfortable and everyone seems to love it, only thing i can say is it would cost allot to make a civic look, ride, and go fast so thats were the gti wins, the car has it all so u all say. :) so u can match the cars but like i said it depends on what you are looking for. If i didnt hate 4 door hondas and the motor in the new si's i would never have even looked at a gti. Do not think i am all for hondas they do have there down sides but so does every car. I love the look of the mkv gti and i hope i love how it drives tomorrow.

GranTurismoInjection said:
Here's the everyday difference (from my view):

Yesterday, I saw another Candy White GTI drive off while I was getting in mine at a gas station, and the guy looked over and gave me the nod of approval, which I promptly returned. That's always cool.

If a Si pulls up to another Si somewhere, they will automatically challenge each other to race, balls-to-the-wall style, resulting in an accident or the shame of one driver. That's never cool. Ever.
um yea well i can say the same for gti's or any other car just becouse its a vic dont mean that is going to happen. I have gotten more nods from other vics then people trying to challenge me. Not everyone is like that. If you wanna say anything i think its the people with cars that are fast like say an sti, or an evo that pull up next to vics that try and show off and such correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah cuz ricers wanna prove themselves. for instance, i roll up behind another gti on the way home from my friends house. he flashes the peace sign and thats that. its called respect, while riceburners just wanna challenge each other because of their insecurities

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.