Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Thalo said:
10bv01 said:
Didn't seem to matter, I only weigh 120 lbs so the 40-60 extra pounds don't mean much.
Man, you'll beat me in a race any day. My car's lugging a whole extra 100lbs around.
haha, same here.

I want to race an 07 Si. I raced an old 89ish Si hatchback(friend of mine). I really like the car, but man... I beat the crap out of him. This was before I got my LC fixed so my tranny was acting up. I floored it and my car hesitated for like 1 second, giving him a big head start. I caught up and passed him with ease. I was carrying a lot more weight. I'm assuming the old 89 is lighter than the GTI and I had a friend of mine in the passenger side. I just want to have a friendly race with someone. Nothing like "i'm going to bite your head off". My friend's dad has an RSX type-S, but he lets him drive it. I'm going to race him soon.

· Premium Member
3,414 Posts
You let an Si driver drive YOUR GTI?! Well I never...

Aw, so he didn't want to race? That's gay... He should have raced you for the kicks of it. I would race my friends SRT-4 for kicks. I know I'd loose, but I'd still race for the spirit of racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.