My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Off the bat the MKV has much more tq then the si specially at low rpm. In my opinion the gti is much more meaner looking car and shows the power earlier then the si so when merging on to a high way not a problem but the si it needs more then just a push.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if you supercharge it would not be a problem getting the car to the higher RPM's then. i hear those S2000's fly with super chargers

·
Registered
22 Posts
the 07 MKV is GORGEOUS...had a 2002 BMW 330 XI....the MKV absolutely destroys it, so much more fun to drive, and the engine is much more powerful and responsive in my opinion...as for GTI vs SI.....GTI all the way of course, the honda just doesnt look as nice, and it has a vtech i mean come on!....plus....at the end of the day, its still a Honda....nuff said. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
As much as I would like to bash Honda I really can't. They have put together some nice engines in the past that really age well, so I can't really say anything too bad. As for comparing it to the GTI while the civic is close in HP I think it only runs about 150-160 lbs. of torque... which, in my opinion, is what really counts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
actually the si has around 130-140 lb/ft.

i almost bought one, cuz its cheaper then a gti [and thats with a navi], but the gti just drives and feels better. plus, if i wanna pass someone, i dont have to downshift and floor it. the gti gets 207 lb/ft at 1800, so woohoo for turbos.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My $.02.. I think the new SI is very respectable. I ran one when I was stock beat him by 3 cars or so out of the whole and rolling by 1.5 cars. They handle real nice and dont look too bad. I stick to the VDUB but I do respect other car enthusiast and their rides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You cant count out how easy it is to raise the power on a GTI as well. For about $600 you can get 60hp and almost 100 lb-ft of torque. There is no way you can get that much power out of the Si that cheep.

·
Registered
321 Posts
tboneus said:
You cant count out how easy it is to raise the power on a GTI as well. For about $600 you can get 60hp and almost 100 lb-ft of torque. There is no way you can get that much power out of the Si that cheep.
What are you doing with your Fast to get that sort of gain? If you're talking about the chip then you won't be seeing quite that much at the wheels.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i think its lame to trash honda for making a car with super high revs but little torque. that thing can still go almost as quick as a gti, its cheaper, more reliable, and most likely lasts longer. its also the other car im considering buying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yee said:
i think its lame to trash honda for making a car with super high revs but little torque. that thing can still go almost as quick as a gti, its cheaper, more reliable, and most likely lasts longer. its also the other car im considering buying.
...More reliable? how does one know that? sounds like someone has his undies in a twist... as you can see this isn't a ricer board

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Si sucks as a daily driver, especially around town. You need to rev it super high to get decent performance. Plus the GTi is a hot hatchback that has triple the storage space in it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Kr?gmeister said:
yee said:
...More reliable? how does one know that? sounds like someone has his undies in a twist... as you can see this isn't a ricer board
more reliable? im basing that on honda's past in terms of reliability. and no i dont have my undies in a twist, i just think you guys aren't giving the si a fair shot, as it is the gti's main competitor. and you dont have to be a ricer to appreciate an 8,000rpm redline. a ricer is someone who takes some pos jap car and slaps a bodykit on the car and thinks itll beat anyone.

·
Registered
556 Posts
yee said:
more reliable? im basing that on honda's past in terms of reliability. and no i dont have my undies in a twist, i just think you guys aren't giving the si a fair shot, as it is the gti's main competitor. and you dont have to be a ricer to appreciate an 8,000rpm redline. a ricer is someone who takes some pos jap car and slaps a bodykit on the car and thinks itll beat anyone.
Also, if the car has ANYTHING on it ANYWHERE that says "Initial D", it's a ricer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
oh hell yeah dude

i fwording hate initial d, the essence of ricing. now i got these kids at my school with ae86's thinkin they're badass.

but still, the si is a car to be reckoned with, and you could probably pick one up and turbo it for the same amount as the gti. but still, im most likely gonna get the gti because its cooler and my dad says the si looks like a hybrid and hybrids are for pussies [which is true] haha

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
haha... yer dad sounds like a cool guy haha... plus remember when you buy a honda... you end up with a honda. hah (top gear)

1 - 20 of 123 Posts