Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was just sitting around thinking about the new R32's. What would be the faster car? 08 R32 awd with a turbo vs. a GTI with a APR stage 3 turbo.

·
Registered
530 Posts
R32 with turbo-> [flame] GTI [help]

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Okay so the new R32 doesn't have as much torque as I thought. I think its at like 238 or something. The 0-60 according to VW i like 6.3 seconds and the GTI according to VW is like 6.7 ( although i've read in like two other car magazines it's closer to 6.0 )....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, but another thing to think about is how many of the new R32s will you see on the road? You will be the sheeit!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Seawolfe said:
Yeah, but another thing to think about is how many of the new R32s will you see on the road? You will be the sheeit!
Especially if you add an aftermarket turbo or supercharger! [flame]

·
Registered
857 Posts
NVGTI said:
Especially if you add an aftermarket turbo or supercharger!
Or both 8)

My uncle bought a Chevy SSR, the toy truck looking thing, and put a turbo and supercharger on it. One of the fastest cars I've ever been in.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
10bv01 said:
NVGTI said:
Especially if you add an aftermarket turbo or supercharger!
Or both 8)

My uncle bought a Chevy SSR, the toy truck looking thing, and put a turbo and supercharger on it. One of the fastest cars I've ever been in.
SSR's are fast as hell to begin with...I can't imagine what forced induction would do to that beast...kind like a Corvette Blue Devil I'd imagine.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
manricky said:
:D gti price and saving gas money>r32 wastes as much gas as a suv in the low 30k[fish] ;D :eek: :p
R32 w/ a Turbo- what do you think the MPG would be? [fish]

If I did a lot of driving in crummy weather- I'd be a bit more excited over the R32.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'd definitely go for a turbo'd R32, but I think I might rather have a GTI with AWD. In fact, I'm a stealthy kinda driver so I'd really go for a 2.0T with Stage 3 turbo setup and AWD all shoved into a Rabbit. That'd be my dream car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ah, thanks! I always use quick reply; no wonder I haven't seen it before.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
NVGTI said:
Your neck of the woods you could justify AWD... Down here in the flats, I would love to follow an R32 w/DSG around the track and see who is better. I know as far as a stock R32, I have at least near the same amount of HP; as a daily driver goes- my insurance is cheaper and so is my fuel consumption. 8)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dragon said:
NVGTI said:
Your neck of the woods you could justify AWD... Down here in the flats, I would love to follow an R32 w/DSG around the track and see who is better. I know as far as a stock R32, I have at least near the same amount of HP; as a daily driver goes- my insurance is cheaper and so is my fuel consumption. 8)
I have no doubt that you could can beat a stock R32 on a track, with your setup. In fact, I believe a stock GTI and a stock R32 may have similar cornering abilities due to the R32 being heavier and (I'm guessing here, work with me) probably rides a little higher. I also think you'd give a stock R32 a good run on a 1/4 mile. Throw a turbo or supercharger on an R32, your lookin' at somewhere around 325 hp, more with a good tuner, and AWD, I don't think you'd have a chance on a straight line.
Then there is the weather, AWD with racing slicks in the snow is about as useful as a football bat anyway.lol
As far as fuel mileage and insurance, maybe we should buy TDI and have them chipped!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
NVGTI said:
I have no doubt that you could can beat a stock R32 on a track, with your setup. In fact, I believe a stock GTI and a stock R32 may have similar cornering abilities due to the R32 being heavier and (I'm guessing here, work with me) probably rides a little higher. I also think you'd give a stock R32 a good run on a 1/4 mile. Throw a turbo or supercharger on an R32, your lookin' at somewhere around 325 hp, more with a good tuner, and AWD, I don't think you'd have a chance on a straight line.
Then there is the weather, AWD with racing slicks in the snow is about as useful as a football bat anyway.lol
As far as fuel mileage and insurance, maybe we should buy TDI and have them chipped!
Hey- I really think in the next 5 years we could could see a performance TDI in a GTI. Look at the Audi R10, which is a development platform for VAG. Racing improves the breed. >:D

Dear VW: Give me a twin charger TDI w/ 250HP and 300FtLbs Tq and I'll buy the MkVI O0

1 - 20 of 30 Posts