Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
With the mods you've got, i don't think you'd have any problem beating him... To ensure that you'll absolutely beat him though, have the race at an actual track, he's only a freshman with not much driving experience, you would absolutely dominate him there. I'd put $100 on a race like that if i had those kind of mods and if it were at a real track and not just a drag.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would be on a secluded street and for 50 bucks. i could probably up it but i just ordered a Greddy Catback exhaust system that will arrive this week so im kinda broke hah. should be great though :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
So it would only be a drag race? I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. If you could do a point A to point B race, like from your school to the nearest mall or something like that though, that would probably be a lot of fun and im sure you could take it

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright fellas well i know i have not posted anything on here in awhile and it kind of died but here it is
TOMORROW!!! $150 race between me and an IS 350. i want to race him from a 20 roll. my friend has a stage II APR GTi and lost to this kid at over 100mph when they raced from a 20 roll and got killed from a 40 roll. he also has manual though and i have DSG so i have slight advantage there... i will also be running race gas tomorrow so our HP at the wheels will be pretty close between me and the IS 350. (266 for him and me about 262ish). i will own him in torque though thats why i want to do it from the 20 roll. there wont be a camera filming because i am getting my car stripped so i have the best chance against him.
wish me luck... any last minute suggestions?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know how long it is. i want it as short as possible though. my friend with APR stage II lost on the 20 roll by a little because the IS 350 has better top end HP and catches up the longer you go. hopefully i can do like a 20-100mph run

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.