Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this elsewhere, but I think I'll get more responses here:

I just raced a Lexus IS 300... 2005. 5-speed Auto with Overdrive. Now if I'm right the IS300 has 215 Horsepower and 218 lbs/ft torque...

I beat him. And pretty bad too... maybe about 2 car lengths. I don't understand why. Maybe my DSG's shifting. He was one guy and I had my friend in the car. So... our weight should have been pretty even because the car is only about 100 lbs heavier.

Oh well, chalk up another car for me.

We sorta raced on the freeway on the way to my house and there was some miscommunication and I started off first, as I slowed down he started going, so he was up about half a car's length. I sorta caught up and was pretty much next to him. I was going about 85ish in 4th gear and when I hit it into 5th I started pulling ahead but ran into some traffic so we let off... oh well.

Opinions and/or comments?

He wants to fix his car up a bit so I think he'll beat me in a couple of months because he's going to fix his car up and well... I'm going to be going to school and I'm not going to have cash flow.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i just raced another is350 today (306hp). he was rolling on 20" dubs and we went from a 20 and 40 roll. i took him out easily. i raced an is350 in the past and it was a really really close race but i blew this one away (im assuming because of the dubs). is300 should not be a problem at all

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
my friend has an IS300, i drove it for a few weeks last year when my old car was in the shop. Its slow as hell, for a 3.0 6cylinder i was soo disappointed in its performance, i have no doubt u whooped its ass.

The I350 im not sure bout, havent read alot about them, im planning on racing my friends 2005 330i soon. that should b a close race

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i turned on some channel last night and caught the end of some company puttin in the 4.3 v8 into the IS300, obviously makin it now a is430...it was dirty. Dont think we would win that race, they said 0-60 in 4.8

·
Registered
26 Posts
my opinion is that the IS300 is not much of a threat to the GTI, for those that have DSG and Launch Control, then it should be really easily to beat a stock IS300. i dont know about the modded ones but i raced a IS 300 and i was also suprised at how easy it was...just proves that the GTI is a beast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did this same kind of race, but i have the mt version of the GTI. A guy i work with asked me if i wanted to race, so i said sure. We went from both a 30 roll and a stop. Both times i let him get the jump, and both times it ended as him seeing my tail lights. Outside temp was ~35-40*...His excuse was that it was in auto mode... and "if he wasnt playing around he would leave me standing in manual mode"... Too bad this same guy told me i should take him out on the freeway and teach him how to use manual mode.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad I saw this thread! A friend with an is300 asked to race. I saw the specs and was a little hesitant, but now I'm ready to go. Maybe I should chip first though to make it a little more embarrassing :p

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have a friend that i bumped into on the way to hockey practice and he wanted to race me with his IS250 the whole time he was looking at my tail lights

1 - 14 of 14 Posts