Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
not even worthy of a discussion in my opinion. My GTI is basically base. It has fancy doo dads like the lights, light washers and comes with a fast. Trim and finish between Honda and VW aren't even comparable to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Definitely not a fan of the two tiered cluster.The Interlagos plaid is what sold me on the GTI over the Si ;D But I do like the stereo in the Si better than mine. I got the TSB for clipping fixed, but the lows are still horrible on the GTI.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Walker, how noticeable is the difference in how the radio sounds? Do you still get any clipping at all?

·
Registered
43 Posts
my radio had the clipping/volume fluctuation problem real bad... had the TSB done (the radio software is up to like version 23 or something, if you're clipping you probably have <=16)... it sounds 10 times better, but still leaves a bit to be desired, especially since it's a 10 speaker setup in a small hatchback.

·
Registered
197 Posts
SI is a really nice car, but the interior cant really be compared the GTI. if you look at them side by side the GTI is Audi standard.
SI probly does have better sound 350-watt audio system with 7 speakers including 8-inch subwoofer The GTI needs a new head unit. plus what @ 6000-7000 rpms it reach's it's max horse power. a lot of gas...

350-watt audio system with 7 speakers including 8-inch subwoofer, t

·
Registered
5 Posts
SI is a really nice car, but the interior cant really be compared the GTI. if you look at them side by side the GTI is Audi standard.
Couldn't agree more the civic's interior is terrible. I mean come on, even mazda offers a better interior in the MS3. Hands down GTI for amenities. But your also speaking to someone who prefers a gutted car and a cage. Amenities are the last thing I want.

Torque on an SI is where, at 7,000 RPMs?
Stock overlap isn't that high, my overlap is at 4,500, thanks to Hondata.

What amenities do you like compared to the SI?
The SI came with amenities? Need to take mine back to the dealer. Voice recognition on the navi is about it. But that was an option I got for free.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Whoever said the GTI has "Audi like" interior, are you kidding me?

Where exactly are all of these luxurious features?? Because they seemed to have left them out of my buddies MKV's.... Is it the plaid seats that are hard as a rock? How about the plastic knobs that peel all over the place? Maybe it's the bland dash board? Steering wheel? No? I mean I like the blue gauges, but I must be missing something.

At least the Civic's has style. Maybe I just like sportier looking cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
meh the it looks great until you actually look at it. the speedo is digital and above the rpm. its like my grandmom's prius in that regard. that is what an 18y/o guedo kid with his hair slicked back wants. the gti is a big boy car, what a 25 y/o likes or someone mature.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
haha, it makes me laugh that people don't see the Audi-like interior..

even Road & Track magazine said the interior was top notch..

but i guess it goes back to roots with the seats:

·
Registered
346 Posts
The Si has a "flashy" interior. Seems to have been made for someone that wants a 3 foot wing, ground lights, and those lights that go on your valve stem caps.

Functionality wise, I much prefer the GTI. No crazy knobs and the like. Just because it looks "cool" doesn't mean it works, or works for the user. I hold multiple certs in IT / Networking and I used to jump radios in the Army. And from what I've seen. Just because a gadget looks neat doesn't mean it will work properly or can be used easily.

I'm not trying to beat down the Si. For the price, manufacturer, and quality of components. It's a very surprising car. I just think the GTI is better.

Here's an interior that just works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts