Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was really cold. The car said 38 (crazy for April in Houston) and it was really rainy. We were bored so we just decided to go out to the back roads and see what his truck could do. It really sucked because even when I wasn't launching, the wheel hop was pretty bad. We raced from dead stop ( I won), 20MPH roll (I won), and 40MPH (I won), then last from about 80( I won). But his back tires were spinning like crazy. From stop and 20, he was just sitting there for a while from the spinning. Does he have a chance on perfect weather conditions?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I didn't think so. I wasn't even launching (Because of the wheel hop) I was seriously easing into the acceleration. So the weather was going against me too. I just figured a truck would more horsepower. I guess not since it's small.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. The ESP was definitely off. I can't launch with it on. But with it off, even when I was just accelerating fast it still hopped some.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It isn't always about it having more horsepower, its the power to weight ratio that is more important.

I smoked a couple stock V6 260hp Toyota SUVs, but if they ripped out their back seats + more weight, they could have won ;)
I actually didn't think I would win as I knew nothing about that toyota and the guy was driving much more aggressive then I would.

Now if I had a chip It would have been even better :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah my gti murders my parents 270hp pathfinder. its all about power to weight. a gti smokes a 300hp f150 truck as well. and a 400hp cadillac escalade

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
the V8 tundra is meant to be crazy fast for a regular truck. I think it goes 0-60 in the low sixes

·
Registered
81 Posts
went against a Tundra today and beat him cleanly. No launch needed didn't even put it to the floor. As what has been said, power to weight. you put that motor in a Tacoma....?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
GTI+rain+ESP off+full throttle=bad haha. i cant stand turns in the rain even with ESP on. of when i hit the gas even half way its just spin spin spin hah.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts