Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some kid at school wants to race me in his mom's Maxima tomorrow. I think I read on Car and Driver that the 0-60 was about 6 sec. and the 1/4 mile was 15 sec. I know the Maxima has about 250-260 HP... Do I have a chance?

If I don't take him on, I'll never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cannot answer you myself, but I'd like to clear something up... Let me get this straight, this kid wants to race you in your car with his Mom's car? Not that I completely agree with this form of racing, but...IMO I find it pretty funny myself that someone would want to prove your GTI so much that they would want to risk their parents vehicle to do so. Know if this was my kid, I'd be PISSED!! Just on a side note and more in lines with your question, I knew a guy that was looking to track his Maxima up against a mustang gt and was pretty confident that he could pull him, but I believe he was modified. Doubt this kid's mom's got her Maxima modded.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's pretty funny. I beat him in his 89 Civic Si... so he wants to beat me bad. I'd like more people's opinions. Thanks to those who have given me their already.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I agree, my friend has a 3.5 maxima and it has 265HP...I dont have my GTI yet, but he always takes me off the line. I drive an '04 audi A4 and when we get to tight corners I beat him easily and the A4 is not nearly as sporty as the GTI. I do think I could take him though if audi had made a normal 3.0L and not this CVT engine...I know I will race him on the track sometime this summer though so I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn B13, thanks for finding this. Good times...

we never did race... punk... I wanted to know too!

·
Registered
253 Posts
if the track is wet, you will win for sure, he might even crash his nismo :p
it slips real bad (telling from my own experience :p )

p.s. remember its a rear wheel drive which is good for driftin

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, that's funny. The other day I had some guy revving next to me in his maxima or altima..whatever i can't even tell the difference anymore. But I could tell his was prob modded because it was debadged and had an exhaust. I didn't even try to race because iIwas just cruids'n anyway, but all I did was look over at him and laugh at his dumb a$$, My car is still much more fun to drive and I don't have to race to prove how great my FAST IS! ;) P.S. I hate nissan's anyway O0

·
Registered
253 Posts
MSVDUB said:
Wow, that's funny. The other day I had some guy revving next to me in his maxima or altima..whatever i can't even tell the difference anymore. But I could tell his was prob modded because it was debadged and had an exhaust. I didn't even try to race because iIwas just cruids'n anyway, but all I did was look over at him and laugh at his dumb a$$, My car is still much more fun to drive and I don't have to race to prove how great my FAST IS! ;) P.S. I hate nissan's anyway O0
[fish] i dont ven know why they tune these granny cars

BlueFrogPosse: nissan is rear wheel drive, you cant drift with a front wheel drive car. and in the movie fast and furious: tokyo drift they had a gti which was front wheel drive, so they converted it to rwd.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Bring em out, Bring em out.. I got this Blue Frog

B13: This is a Maxima, which is the subject of this THREAD, doing a burnout. You be the judge [fish]

·
Registered
253 Posts
arent the new maximas rwd? ??? ah and the new maximas are too long to be called sport cars. i dont know about the old ones

and these civics, not everyone can drift with a front wheel drive, he must be a pro or something ! that stig guy from top gear is barely drifting with the gti.

·
Registered
158 Posts
B13 said:
BlueFrogPosse: nissan is rear wheel drive, you cant drift with a front wheel drive car. and in the movie fast and furious: tokyo drift they had a gti which was front wheel drive, so they converted it to rwd.
Nissan 350z is RWD, and is a drifter. Nissan Altimas and Maximas are FWD. Not drifters. :p

And Tokyo Drift featured an R32, which was AWD converted to RWD.

·
Registered
211 Posts
B13 said:
MSVDUB said:
[fish] i dont ven know why they tune these granny cars

Sorry but wasn't it originally an R32 that was supposed to be on fast and furious but never made it so cause they wanted to paint it pink LOL...... sorry [jacked]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts