Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I downloaded the tech sheets from Car and Driver and the 07 GTI and the 07 Mini Cooper S are quite similar in performance. The braking and acceleration up to 130MPH numbers are almost IDENTICAL. I'd say a race between the 2 is a true drivers race... both cars were 6spd manual so i'm not sure how much better the DSG would do, most likely it would give the GTI a slight edge in acceleration numbers. Total time to 130MPH was 36.3s for the mini and 36.5 for the GTI... 0-100 was 16.7 for the mini cooper s and 16.5 for the GTI. Braking from 70mph was within a foot of each other, so i call that a draw, the mini technically scored 1 foot better... The GTI was on 18's and the mini on 17's... it's possible that with the GTI on 17's and a DSG tranny it would win the speed battle at almost every interval. However, i'm not sure how the braking numbers would be affected if it were on 17's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the mini S and the GTI are VERY similar in performance. VERY VERY similar... but i'm COMPLETELY not even REMOTELY interested in owning a mini S... and even if i got beat 10/10 times by a mini S, i would still be SOOOO happy i don't own one. Owning a car is about a lot more than a couple tenths of a second...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.