My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first drove a Mini when they came out. Very solid car and smooth power. You get BMW technology for a lot less.

However, it lives up to it's name. This car is small and the back seat might as well be a shelf. A Porsche has more leg room in the back and the trunk is bigger than a Mini!

In the end I ended up purchasing a GTI. Get a lot more for your money. Bigger engine, bigger interior, etc. As much as I love a convertible I just couldn't justify the Mini. But hundreds of thousands do justify the Mini each year so the decision is up to you! Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went and test drove a used Mini before I bought the GTI. I was very dissappointed by the lack of torque. It was pretty sad after just test driving the GTI the previous day. Plus the A/C didn't work which really didn't fill me with alot of confidence in the build quality. So here I am happy with my GTI. The End.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I just think the Minis look like ass. They had a novelty appeal about 3 or 4 years ago.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DrJones said:
You've apparently never sat in one...
That would be the front seat right? ;)

You have to be a double amputee to find the back seat comfortable in those things.

·
Registered
690 Posts
zulu said:
That would be the front seat right? ;)

You have to be a double amputee to find the back seat comfortable in those things.
That's right.

It's sad when you can't even fit a proper baby seat in the back...

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Mini is a go-cart and has the functionality and room of a go-cart. There is no practicality in a Mini. It's mini. The GTI is a car and has the functionality and room of a car. I'm 6' 5" and sitting in a Mini I had to duck. I feel 5' 10" in the GTI with it's generous headroom and legroom. The best purchase I have made in my short life.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If a guy buys a Mini, it better be lime green and have "I'm walking on sunshine" playing on the stereo. In other words, the Mini is not heterosexual.

·
Registered
556 Posts
ROFL, my friend drives a Mini. He probaly weighs about 300lbs. It's the funniest shit you'll ever see. His parents must have been the most ironic people I know, getting their fat kid the smallest car they could find.

Oh, and it's a POS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GranTurismoInjection said:
ROFL, my friend drives a Mini. He probaly weighs about 300lbs. It's the funniest shit you'll ever see. His parents must have been the most ironic people I know, getting their fat kid the smallest car they could find.
Fat man in a little coat....why is this always the case? I always see the smallest cars being driven by the largest people.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Maybe his parents are trying to get him to lose weight. It's like girls with dresses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm 6'5". I do admit that it probably looks pretty funny seeing me get in and out of my GTI. The GTI was actually one of very few cars on the market that I could sit in and not have to duck my head to see out of. It was a great selling point for me since I had spent the past three years ducking my head in a '98 Honda Accord. There are a lot of nice cars out there that you would think a guy my size could fit in, but sadly that isn't true. I sat in a Jeep Comander, no lie, with the seat all the way back and down and my head hit the ceiling. I was also cramped for leg space. The steering wheel could only adjust barely out of the way. It was funny having to tell a salesman, "Sorry, I love the car... I just don't fit in it... Literaly." Salesman aren't really equiped with a comeback for that, so they got this really puzzled look on their face where you saw them go through their flip book of responses but nothing was coming up. Some of them in a fit for not losing a sale would attack the seat controls to the point that they would almost break. Salesman are so funny.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are right about the Jeeps. I owned a Cherokee before and I could barely fit in it at 6ft. Seat was all the way back too.

VW's are great for those folks over 6 foot.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts