Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend a lot of time in my car, and I have not seen one other 2006 GTI in Dallas. I'm interested in finding out how many you have seen on the streets of your fair burghs. While I'm pleased at not having a car you see at every turn, like an Accord or something, it is starting to feel a bit weird not seeing any others. Are Fasts that rare?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Frisco (pretty much Dallas) and travel around the metroplex for work, and have only seen 2 MKVs on the road. One was white with huffs, the other was red (lowered with wheels if i remember correctly) and that one gave me the final nudge to order one. It should be in soon according to lewisville VW.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I live in dallas too, i was visiting austin recently and saw one there, i only saw my second one a few days ago in highland park, both were black with 18"s Hufs. other than those two, i havent seen any others. i see more bentley continental GT's and ferrari's than I do MKV's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
St. Petersburg, FL - have only seen 1 other MarkV and it was parked at one of the pit areas at the St. Pete Grand Prix in Grey. It's good to be rare.....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yesterday i saw 1 GTI, 1 GLI, and 2 MKIV R32's (r32's were on the same street!! what are the odds?... they were also going oposite ways so i doubt they were buddies or something like that so that makes it even stranger)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm in washington, Today I saw another GTi on the oppisite side of the freeway and of course we both waived HAHA
other than that one I havent seen any GTi's just 1 other GLi

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've seen 4.

One white one in town with the 18's. One silver one like mine with the 17's on base. One that was painted a metallic blue-ish grey on base. One white one with 17's in CA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive seen about six in South Florida. . . I actually got the pleasure of racing a gray one on I-95, and actually just a few days ago I got to race an R-32 up the on ramp and for about a 1/4 mile on the I, and he didnt beat me either...(which i didnt understand) ???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I raced an R32 and i was in head then slowly he gain on me so they are about even but i think i R32 is a bit faster. With an intake and turbo-back exhaust the MKV will no doubt beat an R32. I just had an intake. 6speed also

·
Registered
128 Posts
i saw a black one on route 1 in plainsboro...he honked and waved to get my attention, i didnt understand until he passed and i saw he was in a gti after he passed...i should have been quicker on my toes O0

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and have never seen another GTI. I would like it to stay that way. I like my car playing the role of outcast and freak.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Haven't seen another one here in Columbus, Ohio. Only GTI I have seen was while I was stuck in traffic in Chicago. Kinda nice being the odd ball...I see my old Jeep everywhere I look. Driving to Chicago this weekend....maybe I'll see some more.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like to think it's like Highlander - if I see another one, we have to immediately do battle. The winner absorbs the power of the beaten Fast.

·
Registered
690 Posts
dean said:
I like to think it's like Highlander - if I see another one, we have to immediately do battle. The winner absorbs the power of the beaten Fast.
Ah, but how do you decapitate something that's all head?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrJones said:
dean said:
Ah, but how do you decapitate something that's all head?
I don't think I have to worry about beating anyone's Fast. I'm still doing break-in.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I have yet to see another one on the road. The only ones I've seen are mine, a black one at the dealership (which I originally test drove) and later a white one outside the dealership.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
saw some kid driving a brand new white GTI today. he was going really slow around town and i saw him go the opposite way as me so i made a U-turn and showed him what the GTI is all about >:D... damn n00bz hahah

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only other one I've seen here in KS was the day I was driving to the dealership to buy mine I saw a dark grey one on the other side of town. By bro said it was a sign to buy one. So I did, but I got the red.
I did see one just outside the dealership with the dealer tag on it getting a test drive, I don't count that one since it wasn't actually owned by anyone, but it didn't stop me from "buzzing the tower"

1 - 20 of 325 Posts