Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fast was hit last night parked on the street, the ass hole didnt even slow down just kept right on going. The worst part was I didnt see , but i definately heard it. By the time i made it out side they had driven off!! Sometime people really suck balls!!! :mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Side-swiped last night :(

Well i can still drive it but the damage is pretty bad. The quarter pannel is good and thrashed up and i have huge scrape marks starting from the rear fender all the way to the front. The side mirror was dangling too. My rear rim is all jacked up too. I am taking it to a body shop tomorrow to get this fixed right away!!! The sooner the better. Its going to take a lot more than 1 gutless ass hole's hit and run to keep my fast out of comission!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

Kiss My Fast said:
Well i can still drive it but the damage is pretty bad. The quarter pannel is good and thrashed up and i have huge scrape marks starting from the rear fender all the way to the front. The side mirror was dangling too. My rear rim is all jacked up too. I am taking it to a body shop tomorrow to get this fixed right away!!! The sooner the better. Its going to take a lot more than 1 gutless ass hole's hit and run to keep my fast out of comission!!!!
Sorry to hear--- people really suck sometimes.

Make sure you take it to a GOOD shop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I am taking it to the BEST shop. The company I work for deals with this shop on a daily basis and their work is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

when my car was hit my insurance company had me take it to HORRIBLE shops. had to bring it in 8 times before they finally let me take it to a VW shop to get fixed... even after that the suspension was a little iffy... rides awesome now after i took matters into my own hands and got the coilovers :D. i wish you the best of luck. take it to the best shop you can dont settle for second best or you will regret it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks GTfly, I agree with you 100%, insurance companies want the CHEAPEST way out possible. They will not get away with that crap this time!

·
Registered
277 Posts

Doh, sorry man that SUCKS.....it's always a PITA I've had to deal with this sorta thing a few times, it is sweet that you have a great bodyshop..

Call CSI, Have them do a paint match and find him :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Oh man that would be sweet if I could just get 5 minutes with the person that did this!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts

Man do I feel ur pain, Mine was hit and run after havn it for 8 days. She's all fixed now and running great. Keep ur chin up and get ur fast fixed..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

chstphr, thanks for the advice. I am hoping to pick it up on Monday or Tues. at the latest. It will be like love at first sight all over again!

·
Registered
103 Posts

Kiss My Fast said:
My fast was hit last night parked on the street, the ass hole didnt even slow down just kept right on going. The worst part was I didnt see , but i definately heard it. By the time i made it out side they had driven off!! Sometime people really suck balls!!! :mad:
i feel ur pain bro ..... stupid people need to DIE

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hey man, I feel you on this one. I was in NYC last Saturday (the first time I was in NYC with my GTI, its three weeks old) and some bum hauling a big box started crossing on a red light. The bad part was that on the left of me there was a big bus, which had a head start because I waited for the guy to go abit back to the sidewalk with his box. The bus then cut me off just as I started driving and that bum wank kinda twisted the box so it scratched my entire left side. I didnt even notice it up until later that day, I was so bummed :/ I so love my black GTI!

Next day, I went to a car wash in my small town and there was some hispanic guy that barely spoke english there, but the place had a big "tunning shop" sign on it so I said, what the hell... I used some hand signs to show him the damage and he made me pull my ride into the small "tunning shop" shack, he then took some sort of device (english is not my native tongue either, I'm european, but bare with me) that looks like what you usually use to cut metal with (it has a disk that spins really fast), put some fluffy thing on it and then smeared some white paste on the scratched part. After going at it for a few minutes, he polished that big scratch until there was only a slightly noticeable scratch on the actual finish but not the paint. I gave the guy twenty bucks, even though he didnt want any money for it, and he gave me a free wash too.

I used to own a Mazda 3 a 2006 before I moved to the states, and being that it was my first car, I took it to the wash every week and took good care of it. I have a personal motto that if you like your car, you have to find your personal carwash guy that loves your car just as much as you do and then you tip him well so he gets the job done!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

krypticmind said:
I have a personal motto that if you like your car, you have to find your personal carwash guy that loves your car just as much as you do and then you tip him well so he gets the job done!
I have a motto: I love the car so much, that I don't trust anyone to wash/detail it except for me. O0

·
Registered
9 Posts

Dragon said:
krypticmind said:
I have a personal motto that if you like your car, you have to find your personal carwash guy that loves your car just as much as you do and then you tip him well so he gets the job done!
I have a motto: I love the car so much, that I don't trust anyone to wash/detail it except for me. O0
I would love to take care of my car alone, but being that I live in an apartment and dont have a garage I can store tools and stuff in :/

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts

you do not need a garage to work on your car. that is what a warrenty and tunning shop do for you but anyways. i am the same way i wash my car every sunday if it is not raining but if it is i will do it the fallowing day. or saturday if i am not going to be around. take it to a car wash and that is one of the real ways you can take care of it. than you can say i cleaned my car to look like this not some guy at a car wash. i hand wash my car every time with a soft mit and (do not laugh) i went and got one of the mop heads that are spunges and use that on the rims it has a soft green pad to get off the debree. but that is one of the best ways to take care of your car

Kiss My Fast how did your car turn out did it look new again and was it love at first sight again?? {band} [cheers]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts