Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my GTI this saturday, love the car ... fully loaded ... 18" Rims ... very nice ... took it out on a highway ... was going like 190 before i realized i was going that fast felt like 120 the most :D

I spoke with my dealer ship and they said that a new GTI has a 5X112 Bolt Pattern Rims so if i want to get snows that i need to get a set of those rims in !6" and just use my last years Michanile X-Ice snows i had on other 16" Rims that were on my O4 Jetta TDI ....

Is this right or they guys are the dealership are just Bullshiting me?

Now i looked everywhere here in Ontario for 5X112 Rims and the cheapest place was $140 Canadian for a basic steel Rim .... do u guys know a cheaper place in US i can get them... i don't mind driving down if it is gonna save me money

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought some 16" wheels and am picking them up tomorrow. I will be instaling Pirelli winter carving 205/55/16 tires (210$CAN/ea) on them. You can see the tires at www.fastwheels.ca This model is in the replica section, F80 and it is called "sonic". http://fastwheels.ca/web-content/sonicwinter.html
The wheels were 165$ CAN a piece. At the store he said they were a replica of what came on Audi RS6 two years ago. I like the model because of the plate that covers the wheel bolts, and I like uneven amounts of spokes, as these have nine. I only wish I could have gotten the wheels in another color than silver. Maybe I'll sandblast them and get them powder coated after this season in preparation for next winter. My 18 inchers will spend the winter all nice and cosy and warm at the dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Nokian Haakappelittaa RSIs, cost me $1100 for the set 'cause I got em same size (R17/225/45) as the stock 17" tires. Could have probably saved some money if I got some 16" rims and higher profiles.

The tires are fucking awesome though.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
I got my GTI this saturday, love the car ... fully loaded ... 18" Rims ... very nice ... took it out on a highway ... was going like 190 before i realized i was going that fast felt like 120 the most :D

I spoke with my dealer ship and they said that a new GTI has a 5X112 Bolt Pattern Rims so if i want to get snows that i need to get a set of those rims in !6" and just use my last years Michanile X-Ice snows i had on other 16" Rims that were on my O4 Jetta TDI ....

Is this right or they guys are the dealership are just Bull****ing me?

Now i looked everywhere here in Ontario for 5X112 Rims and the cheapest place was $140 Canadian for a basic steel Rim .... do u guys know a cheaper place in US i can get them... i don't mind driving down if it is gonna save me money
16" is the smallest rim size you can fit on a GTI and be able to clear the brakes. just a random fact.

yup 5x112:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.